Announcing the Conference on Law and Leadership
Co-hosted by Elon Law and the Center for Creative Leadership, the April 13-14 conference will feature Justice Sandra Day O'Connor and David Gergen.
The Conference on Law and Leadership will bring together leaders in law, legal education and business to consider the role of lawyers as leaders in an era of unique economic, political and global challenges.
The Honorable Sandra Day O’Connor, United States Supreme Court Justice (ret.), and David Gergen, Chair of Elon University’s Law School Advisory Board and Professor and Director of the Center for Public Leadership at the Harvard Kennedy School, will be keynote speakers at the conference.
They will be joined by:
- Louis Bilionis, Dean and Nippert Professor of Law, University of Cincinnati College of Law
- Raymond Burse, Vice President and General Counsel, GE Consumer & Industrial
- Robert Cullen, Vice President and General Counsel, JSI Logistics, and Adjunct Professor, Santa Clara Law
- Candace S. Cummings, Vice President - Administration, General Counsel and Secretary, VF Corporation
- Martin Eakes, Chief Executive Officer, Self-Help/Center for Responsible Lending
- Dennis Glass, President and CEO, Lincoln Financial Group
- Phoebe Haddon, Dean and Professor of Law, University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
- Thomas Ross, President, University of North Carolina
- Roland Smith, Senior Faculty, Center for Creative Leadership, and Skeens Watson Visiting Professor of Leadership, Elon Law
- Judith Wegner, Burton Craig Professor of Law, University of North Carolina
- Edward C. Winslow III, Managing Partner, Brooks, Pierce, McLendon, Humphrey & Leonard, LLP
Other distinguished leaders will participate in this important and timely conversation about lawyers and leadership.
The conference will take place at the H. Smith Richardson, Jr. Campus of the Center for Creative Leadership on April 13 and at the H. Michael Weaver Building of Elon University School of Law on April 14.
The conference is designed to bring together judges, law firm partners, higher education administrators, law professors and corporate counsel who have a commitment to developing the next generation of lawyer-leaders. Registration for the conference is $300 and includes a reception and dinner at the O.Henry Hotel and a continental breakfast and buffet lunch. Program details and online registration information are available at www.elon.edu/lawleadership.
About Elon University School of Law
Elon University School of Law, founded in 2006, prepares students to be exceptional lawyers through a rigorous core curriculum, including a leadership program that equips students to address regional, national and global challenges. Elon Law emphasizes innovative teaching and an array of field-based experiences. Student learning is enriched through a close association with the faculty, who provide global perspectives and a commitment to innovative teaching, scholarship and service. Students benefit from regular interaction with leaders in law, business and civic life, including members of the law school’s advisory board, chaired by David Gergen, former adviser to four U.S. presidents, and including two former North Carolina governors, three former Chief Justices of the North Carolina Supreme Court, and the Chair of the American Red Cross. The law school is located at 201 North Greene Street in Greensboro, NC. For more information visit: law.elon.edu.
About the Center for Creative Leadership
The Center for Creative Leadership (CCL®) is a top-ranked, global provider of executive education that accelerates strategy and business results by unlocking the leadership potential of individuals and organizations. Founded in 1970 as a nonprofit, educational institution and focused exclusively on leadership education and research, CCL helps clients worldwide cultivate creative leadership - the capacity to achieve more than imagined by thinking and acting beyond boundaries - through an array of programs, products and other services. Ranked among the world’s Top 10 providers of executive education by Bloomberg BusinessWeek and the Financial Times, CCL is headquartered in Greensboro, N.C., with offices in Colorado Springs, Colo.; San Diego, Calif.; Brussels; Moscow; Singapore; Delhi, India and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Its work is supported by 500 faculty members and staff. For more information visit: www.ccl.org.