- Scott Gaylord named Jennings Professor
Elon Law Professor Scott Gaylord has been named Jennings Professor and Emerging Scholar in recognition of his teaching and scholarship.
- New members elected to Elon’s Law School Advisory Board
Marc D. Bishop, a partner with the law firm of Brooks, Pierce, McLendon, Humphrey & Leonard, LLP, and Ronny B. Lancaster, Senior Vice President for Government Relations at Assurant Inc., have joined the Elon University Law School Advisory Board.
- Elon Law students teach at high schools in Street Law course
For the fifth consecutive year, Elon Law students taught at public high schools through an innovative Street Law course offered in the spring semester.
- Judge Teresa Vincent recognized at Women’s Law Association dinner
On April 17 the Elon Law Women’s Law Association celebrated students, faculty and legal professionals at the 5th Annual Women in the Profession Dinner. This year’s honoree for the “Outstanding Woman in the Profession” award was the Honorable Judge Teresa H. Vincent.
- Elon Law students participate in international arbitration conference
Brenna Ragghianti and Andrew Scott engaged lawyers, law scholars, intergovernmental officials and senior corporate leaders at the Atlanta International Arbitration Society (ATLAS) annual conference in April.
- Elon Law students recognized for pro bono service
At Elon Law’s April Reception with the Legal Community, 43 students were recognized for significant pro bono and community service, including third-year law student Kaitlin Shimansky who was recognized for contributing the most pro bono hours while at Elon with 445 hours logged.
- Michael Mukasey urges stronger U.S. policies to quell Islamic terrorism at Elon Law forum
The former U.S. Attorney General said, “it is not even the end of the beginning” with regard to United States engagement with “Islamism.”
- Law Alumni Kickoff – May 23
The Elon University School of Law Alumni Association invites all law alumni, members of the Class of 2013 and the faculty and administration of Elon Law to a special reception welcoming the Class of 2013 into the Alumni Association.
- Law School Commencement - May 25
Elon Law's 5th Annual Commencement will be held on Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. "Under the Oaks" at Elon University.
- Admitted Student Day-May 29
- Elon Law Class of 2016 Admitted Student Day