- Elon Law forum explores race, policing and 4th Amendment
A panel of legal, law enforcement and political experts at a Sept. 23 Elon Law forum discussed legal and policy issues surrounding race and policing in the United States. The event was organized in the wake of the Aug. 9 shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri and subsequent protests and police responses.
- Life changing work of Humanitarian Immigration Law Clinic featured in Times-News
The article spotlights the assistance of Elon Law students on behalf of a family from Afghanistan fleeing persecution and threats from al-Qaida for their work as translators for a medical organization.
- Chief Justice Mark Martin recognized with Elon Law’s Leadership in the Law Award
Elon University School of Law Dean Luke Bierman presented Mark Martin, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of North Carolina, with Elon Law’s highest professional honor, the Leadership in the Law Award, recognizing Martin’s significant contributions to law, the legal profession and society.
- Student spotlight: Genna Petre selected for U.S. Attorney General's Honors Program
Genna Petre, Class of 2015, has been selected for the Attorney General’s Honors Program with the U.S. Department of Justice, the most prestigious federal entry-level hiring program of its kind.
- 'Social change is very difficult to bring about'
Elon University professors and students filled McKinnon Hall on Aug. 27, 2014, to discuss race, privilege and justice following the Missouri police shooting death of an unarmed black man and subsequent protests that have galvanized the nation.
- Elon Law welcomes the Class of 2017
Comprised of 112 students, representing 21 states, and 74 colleges and universities, the ninth entering class at Elon Law began immediately to learn and make an impact through community service and intellectual exchanges during orientation week, held August 18-22.
- Gwendolyn Lewis named Alumni Director at Elon Law
Elon Law Dean Luke Bierman today announced attorney and Elon Law alumna Gwendolyn W. Lewis as the law school’s founding Alumni Director.
- Friends & Family Day - Oct. 25
Friends and family members of Elon Law students are invited to the seventh annual Friends & Family Day on Oct. 25. The event begins at 9 a.m. and concludes with a 1 p.m. luncheon.
- Fall Semester - Last Day of Fall Classes - Nov. 25
Please note: Law School Operates on a Friday Schedule