- Gwendolyn Lewis named Alumni Director at Elon Law
Elon Law Dean Luke Bierman today announced attorney and Elon Law alumna Gwendolyn W. Lewis as the law school’s founding Alumni Director.
- Faith Rivers James named Associate Dean for Experiential Learning and Leadership at Elon Law
Elon University School of Law Dean Luke Bierman today announced Professor of Law Faith Rivers James as Elon Law’s first associate dean for experiential learning and leadership. In this role, Rivers James will provide guidance and coordination for the law school’s experiential learning initiatives, including externships, residencies, clinics and the school’s nationally recognized leadership program.
- Chris Leupold named Executive Leadership Coach at Elon Law
An expert in organizational psychology and leadership development with more than 20 years of applied experience in corporate settings, Elon University Professor Chris Leupold will lead executive coaching and Fellows initiatives for the nationally recognized leadership program at Elon Law.
- Robert J. Grey, Jr. calls on Elon Law students to be guardians of the Constitution, trustees of the justice system
Delivering the Call to Honor at Elon Law’s new student convocation, nationally prominent lawyer Robert J. Grey, Jr. underscored for members of the Class of 2017 the importance of law to democracy and justice to the United States.
- Elon Law hosts fourth annual Immigration Law Seminar
More than 100 private practice and nonprofit attorneys, law students and immigration services leaders attended the August 1 seminar. Topics covered included social group formulation for gang-based asylum claims, strategies for representing immigrant juveniles, parole in place for military families and an inside perspective on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Asylum Program.
- ‘The answer to my prayer’
When letters and phone calls to the Social Security Administration fell on deaf ears, Brenda Cunningham turned to Elon Law’s Elder Law Clinic hoping for a miracle.
- Henry Gabriel advances uniform state law and private international law
Elon Law Professor Henry Gabriel represented the State of North Carolina at the annual meeting of the Uniform Law Commission. He was also a U.S. Delegate to the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law, Working Group on Electronic Commerce. In addition, he was reappointed by the U.S. State Department to another term as a member of the State Department Advisory Committee for Private International Law.
- Fall Semester - Last Day of Fall Classes - Nov. 25
Please note: Law School Operates on a Friday Schedule