- Elon Law alumni award winners to be honored April 22
The Elon Law Alumni Association will recognize Kristin Thompson Seum '10 L'13, Jim Grant L’12, Adrianne Edmonds Poe L'11 and Angelique Ryan L'16 for contributions to their professions, their communities, and their alma mater during Elon Law Alumni Reunion Weekend.
- Retired U.S. senator: Lower taxes, fewer federal regulations will help America
In her visit to Elon Law for a Distinguished Leadership Lecture, Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas called for renewed pride in the United States as part of a larger strategy to address social and economic woes that have led to today's political climate.
- Federal judge: 'Don't sacrifice your integrity'
For the Hon. Albert Diaz, who serves on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, the best lawyers know how to write concise briefs, keep their arguments simple and - as he explained at an awards banquet for Elon Law’s Seventh Annual Billings, Exum & Frye National Moot Court Competition - don’t take themselves too seriously.
- Elon Law hosts N.C. Court of Appeals for court hearings
Judges heard two appellate cases in the law school's courtroom on March 7, 2017, before taking part in a Q&A with students.
- Elon Law honored for student pro bono work
The North Carolina Bar Association’s 2017 Law Student Group Pro Bono Award recognizes efforts at Elon Law to help regional attorneys who represent asylum seekers fleeing persecution in their home countries.
- National coverage of N.C. bathroom law includes insights of Elon Law professor
The March 31 article by a reporter in McClatchy's Washington D.C. bureau was featured by more than two dozen of the media company's news outlets around the country.
- The Conversation: Was Chuck Berry the lone genius he's made out to be?
Tim McFarlin, a Legal Method and Communication Fellow at Elon University School of Law, writes about the dispute over the role Berry's longtime piano player had in crafting some of the star's biggest hits.
- Celebration of the life of Elon Law's Mike Rich - April 25
Elon Law students, alumni, faculty and staff will gather in the law library on Tuesday, April 25, at 5:30 p.m. to reflect on the legacy of a beloved professor and colleague who died in December.
- Former ABA president to deliver Elon Law Commencement address
Virginia attorney Robert J. Grey Jr. will offer wisdom to graduates on May 20, 2017, in Elon Law’s final springtime Commencement as the school fully transitions to its new 2.5-year curriculum.