- David Levine leads national effort for transparency in Trans-Pacific Partnership negotiations
By co-authoring a Nov. 14 intellectual property law scholars letter to President Obama and Congress, as well as a front page Dec. 6 column in the Los Angeles and San Francisco editions of the Daily Journal, California’s largest legal newspaper, Elon Law Professor David S. Levine continued to detail implications of secrecy in international law making.
- Henry Gabriel elected to third term on UNIDROIT governing council
With 63 member states, UNIDROIT seeks to harmonize law across the globe through international conventions and the production of model laws. Elon Law Professor Henry Gabriel was the sole candidate from the United States, having been nominated to the governing council by the United States Department of State.
- North Carolina Lawyers Weekly spotlights Steve Friedland for being named one of the nation’s best law teachers
Elon Law Professor Steve Friedland, who was featured as one of the nation’s 26 best law teachers in a recent book, shares insights about effective teaching in the December 4 edition of North Carolina Lawyers Weekly.
- Elon brings legal and medical communities together for interdisciplinary dialogue
Elon University’s schools of law and health sciences hosted a forum about the intricacies of determining individual “capacity” in legal and medical contexts.
- Major projects around Elon Law set for take off
More than $200 million in building projects are slated for development within blocks of Elon University School of Law, providing several new cultural, educational and recreational opportunities for Elon Law students, faculty and staff. An October 20 News & Record article reports on eleven major projects moving forward in downtown Greensboro, including a performing arts center, a downtown university center, an urban greenway, a new park, a new hotel and several apartment complexes.
- Elon Law establishes business clinic and new externship programs
The Small Business & Entrepreneurship Clinic, In-House Counsel Externship Program and Semester-in-Practice Externship Program add to the law school's array of hands-on learning opportunities.
- Latest edition of the Elon Law Review focuses on war crimes, human rights and immigration
Volume five, Number 2 of the Elon Law Review includes articles examining humanitarian law in Sri Lanka, genocide in Srebrenica, the interplay between corruption and human rights violations, and issues in U.S. immigration law with regard to domestic violence and sexual orientation. Remarks from Angolan human rights activist Rafael Marques de Morais are featured.
- Spring Semester Begins - Jan. 17
Law School Operates on a Monday Schedule
- Elon Law Alumni Weekend - March 7-9
The 2014 Elon Law Alumni Weekend has been scheduled for March 7-9, 2014. Details about the law school's alumni weekend will be posted here in the weeks ahead.
- Elon Law Alumni Charlotte Region Reception - March 13
6 pm at the Dressler Restaurant
- Elon Law Alumni Triangle Region Reception - April 3
6 pm at Relish Café