- Elon Law educator invited to NCBA leadership program
Marissa Meredith, a Legal Method and Communication Fellow, is one of 16 attorneys participating in the 2019 North Carolina Bar Association Leadership Academy for emerging legal leaders who want to enhance interpersonal and communication skills.
- Elon Law hosts regional pre-law advisors conference
The Southern Association of Pre-Law Advisors held the first day of its annual conference at Elon Law on March 13 with workshops and a luncheon address on the future of legal education by Elon Law Dean Luke Bierman.
- Board of Trustees promotes two Elon Law scholars
Enrique Armijo and Thomas J. Molony were among the Elon University faculty promoted to full professor on March 11 by the university's Board of Trustees.
- Elon Law scholar awarded Fulbright Distinguished Chair in Law
During his time at the University of Trento next spring, Professor Henry Gabriel will teach undergraduates and doctoral students in the university’s renowned program in comparative law.
- North Carolina Court of Appeals visits Elon Law
Judges traveled to Greensboro to hear arguments in two cases: one involving evidence in a murder trial that ended in conviction, and another involving a lawsuit where a married couple on vacation contracted Legionnaires' Disease.
- Elon Law spokesman honored by college news association
Eric Townsend, director of communications for Elon University School of Law, received the College News Association of the Carolinas' 2019 H. Lewis Gaston Award for outstanding service to CNAC and accomplishments in public relations in higher education.
- Loretta Lynch: 'Our most deeply held values must always inform our laws'
In a visit to Greensboro to conclude Elon Law's 2018-19 Distinguished Leadership Lecture Series, former U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch reminded her audience that "government is more than who the president is."