- Elon Law listed among The Princeton Review's 'best law schools'
The 2019 edition of "The Best 165 Law Schools" featured multiple student reflections on Elon Law's approach to experiential education, with one student concluding "Elon Law doesn’t just teach the law, but paves the way for practicing the law."
- Elon Law students honored by regional legal group
The Guilford County Association of Black Lawyers awarded scholarships in October to four accomplished Elon Law students who have demonstrated a commitment to service in their communities and the profession.
- Former N.C. judge: 'Extremely talented jurists' overlooked for nation's highest court
Bob Edmunds, who served on the Supreme Court of North Carolina, shared with competitors of Elon Law's Ninth Billings, Exum & Frye National Moot Court Competition that a lack of diverse professional backgrounds on the U.S. Supreme Court should be remedied.
- N.C. legal trailblazer honored with Elon Law's highest professional award
The Hon. Henry E. Frye, a retired chief justice of the Supreme Court of North Carolina and a pioneering figure in North Carolina politics, was honored this month with Elon Law’s 2018 Leadership in the Law Award.
- Elon Law 'creature of the courtroom' wins moot court honors
Anthony DeLucia, who graduates in December with the Class of 2018, earned Elon Law’s first ever “best oralist” moot court award at a competition hosted this fall by Regent University School of Law.
- Elon Law hosts Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Judges heard appellate arguments in an employment discrimination lawsuit involving a former sheriff’s deputy in North Carolina, and a criminal case with Fourth Amendment considerations after police in West Virginia used a GPS tracker without a warrant.
- Elon Law immigration clinic undergoes leadership change
When Assistant Professor Heather Scavone steps down from Elon Law in October for a legal position in the federal government, Katherine Reynolds, Elon Law’s Clinical Practitioner in Residence, will serve as interim director of the Humanitarian Immigration Law Clinic.
- Harvard Law Professor Emeritus Alan Dershowitz visits Elon Law - Nov. 14
Tickets for the first Distinguished Leadership Lecture of the 2018-19 academic year, postponed from September due to Hurricane Florence, have been distributed. The lecture will be streamed to Yeager Recital Hall on Elon University's main campus for those unable to attend in Greensboro.
- N.C. Attorney General to deliver Elon Law Commencement address
Josh Stein, the state of North Carolina's top attorney, will address graduates in the Class of 2018 in a December 15 program inside Elon University's Alumni Gym.