Elon debuts new tailgating experience
A new location, a live band and big crowds marked the Sept. 7 debut of Elon's new tailgating experience on Bank of America Drive.
A new tailgating experience greeted Elon Phoenix football fans this fall with tents for student groups set up along Bank of America Drive (between Phoenix Drive and Rhodes Stadium) for each home game.
Enhanced tailgating events began Sept. 7 when the Phoenix won their home opener againt West Virginia Wesleyan University.
For all home games, students can go the Office of Student Activities webpage and sign up online for tents, or they are invited to simply show up at the SGA Tailgate Tent, open to anyone who may not be involved with an organizational tent.
Individuals also may tailgate from their cars on the east side of Rudd Field. Faculty, staff, alumni and students are welcome to use these spaces at no charge.
Tailgating closes at the end of the first quarter.
- Entrance to tailgating is at the traffic circle in front of the Koury Business Center on North O’Kelly Avenue
- The "Phoenix Walk" (football team, Phoenix mascot, cheerleaders and marching band) takes place before the game on Bank of America Drive. Join in on the walk to the stadium.
Home football games for the remainder of the season are as follows:
- Sept. 21 vs. Appalachian State
- Sept. 28 vs. Coastal Carolina (Family Weekend)
- Oct. 19 vs. Chattanooga
- Nov. 9 vs. The Citadel (Homecoming)
- Nov. 16 vs. Georgia Southern