Effective October 1, 2012 Elon University is an E-Verify participant. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Information is provided below and is available to print.
All U.S. citizens including dependents will be required to have health insurance coverage. Please read the notices below for information regarding this new legislature. Employees may also visit www.healthcare.gov or call 1-800-318-2596 regarding the Marketplace options for health insurance.
New Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Options and Your Health Coverage.
Navigating Healthcare Reform: What you need to know
SUPPLEMENT RETIREMENT PLANS
Group Supplement Retirement Plan- All faculty/staff and temporary employees are eligible to participate in the Retirement Choice Plus (RCP) offered through TIAA. Please note that this is a voluntary benefit. The university does NOT contribute to the TIAA Supplemental or ROTH plans.
New Full-Time Employee Benefit Orientation: The New Benefit Orientation occurs approximately every two weeks. The Office of Human Resources will contact the new employee and supervisor regarding the next New Employee Benefit Orientation.
- The new employee must report to the Office of Human Resources in-person to submit all New Hire Paperwork. The Office of Human Resources is required by law to see original identification that you present in person (as noted on the I-9 form) on or before your first day of employment. Please do not send copies of your identification documents through the mail. Employees are also required by the university to provide your Social Security card for payroll purposes. Failure to provide the required documents will result in you not being employed by Elon University.
Regular full-time employees who have worked at the University at least thirty (30) days are eligible for 13 paid holidays in each calendar year.
- Who’s New questionnaire - Help us to get to know you by filling out this short questionnaire. The information provided will be used in Working @ Elon, the faculty and staff section of E-net, Elon's news site. Answer in complete sentences where applicable, as direct quotes may be used.
- Contact University Communications photographer ext. 7412 to schedule an appointment to have your photo taken for the online directory.
- For information regarding email accounts and passwords, OnTrack, Phoenix Card, Voicemail, e-Alert, etc. Please refer to the New Faculty/Staff Technology Guide and resource information provided below:
- New Faculty/Staff Technology Guide
- New Employee Computer Policy
- Technology Wiki
- E-Alert - Emergency Notification System (Register after Elon email username and password received)
The Office of Human Resources is located at 314 W. Haggard Avenue. Please contact the office at 336.278.5560, if you have any questions regarding this information.