Please read rules and regulations carefully and note any changes for the new academic year.
Any member of the faculty, staff, administration, or student body may operate a motor vehicle on the campus provided that it is properly registered and legally parked. It is vital that everyone understand the University does not guarantee anyone a parking place at anytime. Parking in restricted areas and no parking zones is not permitted and could result in a substantial fine, tow, or both. The University reserves the right to change motor vehicle policies when such change is necessary. Finally, Elon University assumes no liability or responsibility for damage to or theft of any vehicle parked or in operation on the properties leased to or owned by the university. Parking is a privilege, not a right, which can be revoked for continuous rule violation.
ALL permits must be CLEARLY VISIBLE and AFFIXED to the left side of the back bumper or permanently affixed to the back left window.
NOTE - Your parking permit must be picked up at the Campus Safety & Police office whether you registered online or through the mail. During Orientation, permits may be picked up at Oaks 207. You must have a valid permit prior to the first day of classes, which is August 30, 2016.
The operation of motor vehicles on the Elon campus is a privilege that should not be abused. Students who wish to operate vehicles on campus need to know about registration and operation of those motor vehicles. Parking spaces are in high demand and no one is guaranteed a parking space. Students should also know that Elon University assumes no liability or responsibility for damage to or theft of any vehicle parked or in operation on the properties leased to or owned by the university. Vehicles may only be parked in areas designated by the letters on your vehicle registration permit.
Students will be required to view an online video presentation of “Cars & Campus Safety” prior to being able to register their vehicle online.
The following regulations apply to all vehicles operated on campus. If a change is warranted in these rules, students will be notified:
1. REGISTRATION: Students MUST register all motor vehicles with the Traffic Office at the opening of the school year, or prior to the first day of classes.. The fee to register a motor vehicle is $160.00; however, to those students who reside in Global Neighborhood; the fee is $80.00 (these students must move their vehicle on Football Game Days). For further information regarding Parking and Fees, go to www.elon.edu/parking.
2. IMPROPER REGISTRATION: Improper registration or continuous rule violation will be sufficient cause to revoke motor vehicle privileges. Each registrant is responsible for all parking violations.
3. PERMIT PLACEMENT: Parking permits must be CLEARLY VISIBLE AND AFFIXED on the left section of the vehicle's rear bumper or back glass (the driver's side of the vehicle).
4. PARKING REGULATIONS: Anyone who operates a motor vehicle is expected to observe campus traffic rules and parking regulations. Fines are levied by the University for failure to comply with campus rules and regulations.
5. TOW-AWAY ZONES: Any vehicle parked in a tow-away zone will be towed immediately! Tow-away zones include any traveled portion of a street and/or parking lot, fire lanes, handicap spaces, maintenance spaces, grass/sidewalk, tram path, visitor’s lot or any other area that may be deemed a safety hazard. Vehicles left in Hunt Softball lot on Williamson Ave., Global Neighborhood lot, McMichael Center or Koury/Fine Arts parking lots on Game-Day will also be towed.STUDENT CARS WILL BE TOWED FROM ALL FACULTY/STAFF PARKING AREAS (Monday-Friday 7:30 am - 6:00pm, Year round)!!If the tow truck has arrived on the scene, the owner is responsible for paying the fine and tow fee in the Oaks Traffic Office, 416 N. Williamson Ave. prior to picking up the vehicle. All non-registered vehicles will be ticketed and/or towed. Registered vehicles are subject to a ticket/tow after receipt of two unpaid traffic fines. Vehicles that are towed receive a violation fine in the amount of $50.00 or $100.00 and a towing fine of $70.00, totaling $120.00 or $170.00 (fee depending on the violation and tow fee remains the same, $70.00). Football Game Day tows are fined for the "Tow Only", which is $70.00.
6. All students must provide vehicle license tag inforamtion when registering for a parking permit.
7. All North Carolina State laws apply to the campus.
If you have a bicycle or motorized bicycle, it can only be parked in areas designated for bicycles (bicycle racks). All bicycles must be registered(no fee required) with the Office of Safety and Police. Bicycles not registered or found in an area not designated for bicycles, including, but not limited to: stairwells, railings, brick colonnades, and gazebos, will be confiscated. All bicycles left after Commencement in May will become property of the University.