Teaching and Learning Technologies (TLT) is comprised of instructional technologists, academic consultants, multimedia specialists, and technology professionals who work to support faculty, staff, and students.
We believe that academic technology can significantly enhance teaching and learning when used in concert with the expertise, goals and strategies of committed faculty, supported by a knowledgeable, informed, and dedicated technology staff. We strive to provide the hardware/software, infrastructure, training, and consultative support that Elon’s faculty, staff and students require to use innovative technological tools in the spirit of student-centered pedagogy and engaged learning that defines an Elon education.
• Consult with faculty about technology integration into academics
• Assist staff with projects using technology
• Facilitate seminars and events that help others identify technology tools and enhance their technology skills
• Provide technical “how-to” support for software and hardware
• Support the use of Elon’s learning management system
• Create multimedia course components and learning objects to support pedagogy and scholarship
• Provide the management for and support of summer online courses
• Innovate with new learning technologies
• Provide the resources, tools, and support needed for the successful use of technology
• Support the university community with events, audio and video production, and project management
• Assist with the roll-out of new campus technologies
Teaching and Learning Technologies acts as a catalyst for innovation in skills development and technology enhanced learning while supporting the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning (CATL) at Elon University. TLT partners with CATL to provide information and support related to course assignments, encourage collaborative learning, develop student-centered syllabi with technology enhanced lessons, and incorporate innovative teaching approaches and techniques to engage students. Professional staff also develop multimedia assessments and reusable learning objects to support scholarship and pedagogy.
Phone: (336) 278-5006
Responsible for the leadership of the department which includes coordination of efforts across TLT, client relations, Gear Room operations, and project/idea entry.
Responsible for training and development, including technology workshops, the learning management system, Maker Hub, and online summer school
Responsible for Media Services, event support, and video/audio production.
Responsible for creative services, including project management, video/web projects, multimedia/design, and marketing/communications.
Teaching and Learning Technologies is located in Belk Library, room 115.
Campus Mail Address:
Our main office features several spaces designed for your use:
The Technology Center: Grab a cup of coffee, stop by with your laptop (or use one of our computers or the group work station), and work individually or with a group in a quiet setting reserved for faculty and administrative staff. Academic technology experts are always nearby to assist you with your needs. The center is open Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm, no reservation needed.
Read more about the Technology Center.
|Training center: This conference space, featuring SmartBoard technology, is used for our training sessions and workshops. It is not reservable for outside groups.|