A full day of programming is offered once every six months for all staff members who have been at Elon less than one year. This orientation program was created to meet the needs of new Elon employees. New staff are introduced to the community and engaged learning. In addition, Elon’s mission and values are addressed throughout the day; beginning with a welcome from a Senior Staff Representative, and continuing with the ten important content areas that are presented by staff, faculty, and administrators. These areas include, the History of Elon, the Student Honor Code, Student Life, Academic Life, Strategic Plan and Employees Role, Staff Advisory Council, and a campus tour.
The programming is offered once a month for ten months to all staff who have been at Elon less than one year. This programming includes:
• Nuts & Bolts 1 to include: HR Resource forms, Library, Wellness Center, SPACES, IT/Lynda.com, Campus Recreation, Print Services.
• Nuts & Bolts 2 to include: Physical Plant, Bursar’s Office, Campus Safety and Police, Kernodle Center for Service Learning, Sustainability, etc.
• Professional Journeys Panel Discussion
• Creating an effective Performance Development Plan
• Engaging with Student Employees
• Resources from the Office of Leadership & Professional Development
• Understanding Generations in the workplace
• HR Best Practices for new employees
• Effective Communication Skills
• Personality Assessment