Biology Dept. Handbook for Majors
- Welcome to the Biology Department
- From the Biology Club President
- From the Lincoln Pre-Health Society President
- Advice from Graduates
Advising – courses and experiential
- Advising by stage
- Useful resources
- Expected Course Rotation Schedule for upper level electives (dynamic and current Google document, allows you plan which upper level elective courses you’ll take and when)
- Prerequisite relationship of courses (allows you to see which prerequisites you need to take other courses and how it relates to your stage as a Biology major, dynamic and current Google presentation)
- Experiential Requirement Guidelines
- Undergraduate Research overview
- learn about faculty research in the Biology Department
- Elon University Undergraduate Research Program (resources maintained by Elon URP)
Advising – Career Development
- Health Professions (maintained by Elon College of Arts and Sciences office)
- Advisors available to give advice on Graduate School
- Helpful Reminders when Requesting Letters of Recommendation
- Developing a Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Elon’s Career Services offers a wide range of resources for career planning
- Opportunities for Elon Biology students – check here for job postings, internships, and many other opportunities.
- Keep an eye on our many social media feeds for job opportunities!
- Scholarships for the Biology Department
- Belk Library Biology literature databases – a great set of literature tools set up by Diane Ford who is the Biology representative at the library. You can also IM her from this page with your literature resource questions.
- Elon Media Services for getting research and intership posters printed. As of 4/2014 posters are submitted online, produced offcampus and then shipped every Tuesday or Thursday to the Media Services in the Library.
- Lynda.com – video tutorials about core software features
- Academic Advising – a great resource to help you with many things including:
- if you have special learning needs, or if special situations arise during the course of the semester.
- getting majors checklists
- declaring your major officially
- getting assigned a Biology advisor if you haven’t already