Be career ready
- Each state has specific requirements to sit for the CPA exam and to become certified in that state. Students should consult the State Board of Accountancy in the state in which they intend to practice for the specific requirements. Elon’s M.S. in Accounting program is designed to meet the education requirements for CPAs in all 50 states. For further information, please consult your accounting faculty advisor or Dr. Susan Anderson.
- Take the Becker FastPass CPA Review at Elon during the summer after you graduate. The course is designed to help recent graduates prepare for the CPA exam in a shortened timeframe.
- Network with recruiters from firms such as KPMG, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte, Ernst & Young and others at the annual Accounting Meet and Greet hosted by Beta Alpha Psi.
- Join Elon’s Lambda Xi chapter of Beta Alpha Psi, the international honor organization for financial information students and professionals. Elon’s chapter participates annually in regional and national competitions and has been named Student Organization of the Year by Elon’s Student Government Association.
- Participate in the VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) program. The program provides a valuable service to residents of the Elon and Burlington communities while providing hands-on tax preparation experience for students.