M.S. in Accounting Admissions
The M.S. in Accounting program enrolls annually in July. Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis throughout the year. The standard submission date each year is April 15. After April 15, applications will be received on a space-available basis.
The M.S. in Accounting admissions policy is designed to select outstanding students who have demonstrated academic ability and leadership. Each applicant is considered holistically on completed academic work, test scores, evidence of leadership and motivation, and letters of recommendation.
See M.S. in Accounting Admissions Requirements & Procedures
Prerequisite Courses for Non-Accounting Majors
The M.S. in Accounting program prepares students to pass the CPA and find early career success in a competitive industry. In addition to being open to accounting majors from Elon and other institutions, the program also welcomes students from other majors to apply. Non-accounting majors can apply if they meet the admissions requirements and have completed the following prerequisites courses:
- ACC 201: Principles of Accounting
- ACC 331: Intermediate Accounting I
- ACC 332: Intermediate Accounting II
- ACC 333: Intermediate Accounting III
- ACC 341: Fundamentals of Income Taxation
- ACC 351: Accounting Information Systems
- ACC 456: Auditing
- BUS 221: Legal and Ethical Environment of Business