The fall 2021 Women Influencers in Sport (WINS) Forum, titled “Changing the Game: Reimagining the Modern Sport Industry,” was hosted on Nov. 12. The event kicked off at 4 p.m. with a panel discussion in Turner Theatre, followed by a networking reception in Snow Family Grand Atrium and alumni wisdom sessions in Dwight C. Schar Hall.
Panelists included Allison Fillmore, vice president and executive director, The TOUR Championship; Katlyn Gao, CEO, LOVB (League One Volleyball); Ben Osborne, head of content, Just Women’s Sports; and Odessa Jenkins, president, Emtrain, and founder, Women’s National Football Conference. Alumna Ellie Whittington ’18, assistant director of digital/social media, Duke University, moderated the virtual panel in Turner Theatre.
Here is a list of alumnae who were on hand for the networking reception:
- Ellie Whittington — Assistant Director of Digital/Social Media at Duke University
- Kelsey Harris — Manager, International Team Tours
- Lauren Rhyne– Senior Director, Athlete Safety and Education, USA Baseball
- Kristina Grigos–Account Executive, Ticket Sales and Services at Duke University | Learfield IMG College Ticket Solutions
- Alisha Ingold — Key Account Specialist, Lindt USA
- Chanelle Smith-Walker — Team Photographer, Carolina Panthers
- Raychel Diver Lockwood — Director of the Phoenix Club, Elon University Athletics
The following alumnae participated in virtual rooms:
Emily Epstein – Associate, Broadcasting and Special Events at New York Mets
Rachel Zalenik – Assistant, Community Relations at New York Jets
Carrigan Bain – Director of Football Operations, UNC Charlotte
Marina Silva – Recruiting Coordinator at Next College Student Athlete
Brooke Cohen – Account Executive at New York Jets
Sam Coury – Manager, Advertising Strategy and Planning at PGA TOUR
Gabrielle Jasper – Coordinator, Broadcasting & Events at New York Mets
For more information, contact Assistant Professor Shaina Dabbs at firstname.lastname@example.org.