International Student Ambassadors (ISAs) create international community at Elon. ISAs are international students passionate about making Elon a more international, inclusive and supportive place for other international students, faculty and staff.
Interested in becoming an International Student Ambassador? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021-22 International Student Ambassadors
Howard Chi ’22
Hao (Howard) is an International & Global Studies and Psychology double major who you might spot on the Campus Recreation fields or at Tangent Eat+Bar in downtown Elon. Howard is from Taichung (台中), Taiwan, grew up in Iquique, Chile, and spent a year in Liège, Belgium on a Rotary Youth Exchange program. At Elon, Howard works as a Media Services Event Technician and plays volleyball on the men’s club team.
Ask Howard About:
- How to handle stress as an international student in the U.S.
- First-Generation student experiences at Elon
- Keys to improving in English, Spanish, Mandarin and French
- Multilingual code switching
- Access on-campus technology resources and disability resources
Alycia Morgan ’24
Alycia is a Teaching Fellow and is studying Middle Grades Mathematics and TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) from Raleigh, N.C. An avid musician, Alycia is a member of Elon Chamber Orchestra, has been playing violin for seven years, and loves to sing and dance (catch her on Instagram @am.moves). Alycia is also a member of EMPRESS (Elon Maintaining Pan-Asian Respect, Equity and Social Service) and a SMART (Student Mentors Advising Rising Talent) mentee. Plus, she can speak and understand a fair amount of Spanish and Korean!
Ask Alycia About:
- African-American culture
- “My love for all types of music and dance (American, Korean, and Latin)”
- The arts
- Honestly, anything!
Ellie Thomas ’22
Eleanor (Ellie) is a Marketing major and Psychology minor from London, England who has also traveled to New Zealand (her favorite country!) and Hawaii — she plans to add to that list by studying abroad spring 2022. Ellie is a member of Alpha Phi Omega and SPACE (Students Promoting Awareness, Change, and Empowerment). Look for Ellie at her favorite Elon tradition: International Coffee Hour in the Isabella Cannon Global Education Center with other international students.
Ask Ellie About:
- Culture shock
- Solo traveling
- Feeling stuck in the middle of two countries or cultures
- Anything London!
Winnie Yang ’23
Wenyi (Winnie) is a Statistics & Data Analytics double major from Beijing, China who attended high school in Pittsburgh, P.A. Winnies works as an Elon Tour Guide and at Campus Recreation & Wellness, plays club tennis, and is a member of Epsilon Sigma Alpha, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, and Elon International Society. You might also find her at an Elon football game!
Ask Winnie About:
- Making friends with local American students and getting involved on campus
- The cultural differences between the U.S. and China
- On-campus jobs as an international student
- Taking classes and working using my second language