Teaching and Learning Technologies (TLT) is comprised of instructional technologists, academic consultants, multimedia specialists, and technology professionals who work to support faculty, staff, and students campus-wide.
We believe that academic technology can significantly enhance teaching and learning when used in concert with the expertise, goals, and strategies of committed faculty, supported by a knowledgeable, informed, and dedicated technology staff. We strive to provide the hardware/software, infrastructure, training, and consultative support that Elon’s faculty, staff, and students require to use innovative technological tools in the spirit of student-centered pedagogy and engaged learning that defines an Elon education.
Goals and Objectives
• Consult with faculty about technology integration into academics
• Assist staff with projects using technology
• Facilitate seminars and events to demonstrate tools and enhance their technology skills
• Provide technical “how-to” support for software and hardware
• Support the use of Elon’s learning management system
• Create multimedia course components and learning objects to support pedagogy and scholarship
• Provide the management for and support of summer online courses
• Innovate with new learning technologies
• Provide the resources, tools, and support needed for the successful use of technology
• Support the University community with events, audio and video production, and project management
• Assist with the roll-out of new campus technologies
Partnership with the Center for the Advancement of Teaching & Learning
TLT acts as a catalyst for innovation in skills development and technology enhanced learning while supporting the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning (CATL) at Elon University. TLT partners with CATL to provide information and support related to course assignments, encourage collaborative learning, develop student-centered syllabi with technology enhanced lessons, and incorporate innovative teaching approaches and techniques to engage students. Professional staff also develop multimedia assessments and reusable learning objects to support scholarship and pedagogy.
Phone: (336) 278-5006
Meet Our Team