A Will to Lead is a special initiative of the Elon LEADS Campaign, allowing alumni, parents and friends to make a lasting impact at Elon by including the university in their estate plans. Your estate gift will help secure Elon’s future while providing students life-changing opportunities for generations to come.
Benefits of Estate Gifts
- A Lasting Legacy: Your impact will be felt for generations to come.
- Support Your Priorities: Choose the program or opportunity you cherish most.
- Maximum Flexibility: Provide for yourself and loved ones with no financial impact today.
- Peace of Mind: Be confident Elon will honor your philanthropic wishes.
- Ease of Giving: Let Elon staff walk you through the process, including providing language to share with your attorney or financial advisor when making your estate plans.
- Order of the Oak: Your estate gift qualifies you for membership in Elon’s planned giving recognition society.
Ways to Give
- Estate Beneficiary: Designate Elon as a beneficiary in your will, either as a percentage of your estate or a specific amount.
- Retirement Plan Beneficiary: Designate Elon as a beneficiary of your retirement account(s).
- Residual Bequest: Designate a specific amount or percentage of your estate to Elon after your assets have been distributed to other priorities.
“My estate gift is the way I can make the biggest impact at Elon and to the success of the university for a long period of time. We all have something to give, and I feel honored to give back to Elon.”
For more information on how you can make Elon part of your estate planning by including the university in your will, please contact Brian Baker, associate vice president and director of principal gifts, at 336.278.7453 or email@example.com.