Each fall, the Faculty/Staff Health & Wellness Clinic holds a walking challenge. Teams of faculty and staff compete to see who can get in the most miles before the challenge concludes. Prizes are offered throughout the challenge for reaching walking milestones. This is always a fun activity for faculty and staff and is a great motivator to get out there and get walking!
It’s Time for the Elon Olympics Walking Challenge
Registration: Monday, September 13th
Race Begins: Monday, September 20th
Race Ends: Monday, November 15th
1. This year, the Walking Challenge will be open as a team event only.
2. Each team will consist of 2 walkers.
3. Sep. 13th – you can start signing up. This year the race is a team event only.
4. Sep. 20th – you can start walking to accrue as many miles as possible.
5. Nov. 15th – last date to accrue miles.
6. Nov. 16th – last date to enter miles.
7. At 80 team miles, 40 miles each, you have earned a Bronze Medal and will receive a prize from the Wellness Office.
8. At 160 team miles, 80 miles each, you have earned a Silver Medal and will receive a prize from the Wellness Office.
9. At 240 team miles, 120 miles each, you have earned a Gold Model and will receive a prize from the Wellness Office.
** Every team that earns a Gold Medal will be entered in the drawing for a Grand Prize.
We look forward to everyone reaching Gold!