Work-related discomfort is not a myth. Many workers routinely encounter considerable discomfort from their work activities. Elon is committed to providing faculty/staff with workstations which are free from known or potential hazards, allowing you to be both productive and comfortable.
Elon’s workstation evaluation team will conduct ergonomic evaluations to identify workstation design or working conditions that may contribute to discomfort or injury. This service is free to all University employees.
About the Team
The workstation evaluation team includes the following:
- Valerie Drummond, Interim Director of Risk Management
- Holly Hodge, Planning, Design & Construction Management
- Jenny Gonzalez, Planning, Design & Construction Management
- Patrick Schwartz, Purchasing
- Srikant Vallabhajosula, Physical Therapy
Request an Evaluation
Workstation Ergonomics Resources
Workplace Ergonomics: Your Guide to Health and Comfort at Work
Conduct your own evaluation using The Hartford’s guide to workplace ergonomics.
Use this PowerPoint to learn best practices on how to adjust your chair and workstation for you.