The Elon University Board of Trustees met on Feb. 28 and granted tenure and approved promotions for several faculty members.
The Elon University Board of Trustees met on Friday, Feb. 28, and took the following actions regarding promotion and tenure:
- Granted tenure to Adam Aiken, Susan Anderson, Shuji (Rosey) Bao,
David Bockino, Carrie Eaves, Jennifer Hamel, Benjamin Hannam, Denise Hill, Mussa Idris, Baris Kesgin, Susan Liemer, Federico Pous, Susanne Shawyer, Andrea Sinn, Jessalynn Strauss, Carri Tolmie, Aaron Trocki, Katherine Upton, and Rena Zito.
- Promoted Adam Aiken, Shuji (Rosey) Bao, Cynthia Bennett,
David Bockino, Carrie Eaves, Jennifer Hamel, Denise Hill, Mussa Idris, Douglas Kass, Baris Kesgin, Federico Pous, Susanne Shawyer, Andrea Sinn, Jessalynn Strauss, Tracey Thurnes, Carri Tolmie, Aaron Trocki, Katherine Upton, and Rena Zito to associate professor.
- Promoted L. Kimberly Epting, Benjamin Evans, Neeraj Gupta, Megan Isaac, Jason Kirk, Julie Lellis, David Levine, Christopher Leupold, Michael Matthews, Safia Swimelar, Anthony Weaver, Pamela Winfield, and Karen Yokley to professor.
- Promoted Teresa LePors to associate librarian.
The Board learned that:
- Continuance in lecture track appointment was approved for Kelly Furnas, Joseph Green, Frederick Johnson, Jr., Mary McManamy, Pieter Swanepoel, Sr., Ryne VanKrevelen, Portia Wade, and Ryan Witt.
- Continuance in a continuing track appointment was approved for Sana Haq,
Charles Johnson, Douglas Kass, Brian Kremer, Shaun Lynch, and Melissa Scales.
- Continuance in a continuing appointment was also approved for librarian Allison Bryan, director of the Curriculum Resources Center.