The Office of Human Resources offers a range of advice on how to help stay healthy and safe during Winter Term.
I hope you have enjoyed, or are still enjoying, a restful and rejuvenating time with your loved ones during our winter break.
Members of the Healthy Elon committee, the Data Team, Human Resources, and others continue to work closely with health experts regarding the highly contagious Omicron variant and the ongoing threat of the Delta variant of COVID-19.
We are also in contact with our local health department regarding a news release from the CDC with updated quarantine guidance. We will provide updated information in the days ahead as we receive final details from the state and county.
I urge you to consider the following as we prepare for a healthy start in welcoming faculty, staff and students back to campus for Winter Term:
- As announced by the Healthy Elon Committee, faculty and staff are strongly encouraged to get their boosters and upload their documentation as soon as possible. We will offer on-campus clinics on Jan. 5-7, but capacity will be limited. If possible, get your booster now by finding a location near you. All students are required to receive a booster vaccine as soon as possible and no later than Jan. 31.
- The start of Winter Term provides a good chance for everyone to take advantage of the free on-campus testing opportunities. Asymptomatic testing resumed on Monday in McCoy Commons 207. Please consider being tested as we begin Winter Term and you return to work (note that the testing center will be closed this Friday, Dec. 31, for the New Year’s holiday).
- Those who are currently unvaccinated will need to continue their required weekly testing and should get their first test either this week or the beginning of next week.
- Elon’s masking policy will continue to remain in place through the month of January. As a reminder, everyone on campus, including those who are vaccinated, should carry a mask with them at all times, are required to wear masks in all indoor public spaces, and are encouraged to wear a mask any time they feel ill, are in crowded outdoor spaces, if they feel the need for extra protection, etc.
- The month ahead will present challenges on campus and at home. Please remember to contact your supervisor and Human Resources either by phone at 336-278-5560 or email at HREmployeeCovid@elon.edu, if you or a member of your household is infected with COVID-19. For your reference, we will also continue to offer the policy for continuity of work and instruction.
- As a reminder, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is ready and available to assist you and your dependents with many work-life services (counseling, daycare and eldercare suggestions, legal services, etc.).
Thank you for all your work this past semester and as we gear up for Winter Term and the Spring Semester.
Wishing you a wonderful and healthy new year,
Assoc. VP for HR/Chief Human Resources Officer