The university has pushed back its opening time and will shift its class schedules in the wake of a winter storm over the weekend that has left hazardous road conditions in some locations.
Elon University will delay opening on Tuesday, Jan. 18, until noon due to hazardous road conditions brought about by the winter storm that moved through the area over the weekend and freezing temperatures overnight. The delay means a shift in class schedules for undergraduates.
Law School students and faculty will receive a separate email with information about the Elon Law schedule that will also be posted on the Elon Law website when available.
Warmer temperatures have begun the process of melting some of the ice and snow from roadways and driveways, but with temperatures dropping into the 20s on Monday, much of that melt will re-freeze. Facilities Management crews have done a tremendous job clearing the campus, but city and county roads may not be in the same condition. With slippery conditions for pedestrians and vehicles around campus, students are advised not to drive Monday night and to use extra caution when walking around campus.
- Classes on main campus will begin at 12:00 p.m.
- University offices will open at 12:00 p.m., except for the offices/services noted below.
- Emergency personnel will be notified by your supervisor when to report to campus.
- Faculty and staff who live some distance from campus and who might be prevented from safely traveling to campus should notify their respective dean (faculty) or supervisor (staff).
- Students who might be prevented from traveling safely should contact their instructors.
- The schedule for undergraduate classes can be found below.
- Graduate students should consult directly with their faculty members about the schedule for in-person or online class activities.
- School of Law students, staff and faculty should check their email and the Elon Law website for updates.
Winter Term Noon Plan in Effect for Undergraduate Classes
|Regular Schedule||Revised Schedule|
|9 a.m. to Noon||Noon to 2 p.m.|
|1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.||2 to 4 p.m.|
|Regular evening classes|
COVID-19 Testing Schedule
- Asymptomatic testing at McCoy Commons will be available Tuesday from 1-3:30 p.m.
- Symptomatic testing at the Ellington Center will be available Tuesday from 1-4 p.m.
Offices/Services Opening Before Noon
Opening at 11 a.m.
CAMPUS RECREATION & WELLNESS
Koury Center: open at 10 a.m.
Beck Pool: 12:30-2:30 p.m. & 4-8 p.m.
PARC and South Gym: regular hours
McEwen Dining Hall: Brunch 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Dinner 4-8 p.m.
Lakeside: Brunch 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., Dinner 5-8 p.m.
Biscuitville, Einstein’s, and Winter Garden: open at 10 a.m.
Other locations may open as conditions improve and staff can travel to campus safely.
Check hours, locations, and menus online here (hours will be updated in real time) and on the Elon Dining social media channels.
Opening at 9 a.m.
Mail Services opening at 12 p.m. Afternoon routes will be suspended for the day.
STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES
Open 12-4 p.m. by appointment.
The “sick rides” Health Services shuttle will not operate.
Telehealth services remain available on-demand 24/7 through TimelyCare.
TRAM & SHUTTLES
The Danieley Tram and all Elon Express shuttles will start at 11 a.m.
E-Rides begin at 7 p.m., as scheduled.
Tram and Elon Express schedules are available online here.
Check the NextBus page for live tracking.
Today at Elon is the best source for information and is updated regularly.