Instructor in Wellness:
- B.A., Elon College; MA, Gardner Webb University
- Serves as the Health and Physical Education Teacher and Coach for Turrentine Middle School
- Expertise in Health and Physical Education and Leadership
Graduate Apprentice for the office of Undergraduate Admissions:
- Bachelor’s Degrees in Psychology and International and Global Studies from Elon University in 2022.
- Howard brings experience from a wide range of Elon student employment positions including Residence Life, Media Services, and the Isabella Cannon Global Education Center
- Fluent in English, Spanish, Mandarin, French, and Taiwanese Hokkien.
Graduate Apprentice for Residence Life – Global Neighborhood : • Julia is a Connecticut native who graduated in May 2022 from Central Connecticut State University with a B.A in Social Work and Minor in Psychology. She joins the M.A in Higher Education program’s fifth cohort as a Graduate Apprentice for Residence Life in the Global Neighborhood. • At CCSU, Julia served 3 years in Residence Life as an RA and SRA, as well as 2 years in Campus Recreation, ending as the Area Supervisor of Membership and Fitness Programs. She also brings experience from social work internships involving Title IX, student food insecurity, the criminal justice system, and mental health / substance abuse treatment. • Julia’s undergraduate experiences ignited a passion for higher education that led her to pursue a career in this area. She is excited to learn both in the classroom and in the field during her time at Elon.
Graduate Apprentice for First-Generation Student Support Services from the Center for Access and Success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Youth and Social Innovations; Minor – Sociology- University of Virginia.
- Darynha joins us from the University of Virginia working as a Student Affairs Fellow for Orientation and New Student Programs.
- Involvements: UVA Student Council; Alliance for the Low-Income and First-Generation Narrative at UVA; Questbridge Scholars Network; First Generation, Low-Income Partnership at UVA; Alpha Phi Omega.
Caleigh "Mac" MacKinnon
- Mac is from Monroe, North Carolina
- She received a Bachelor's Degree in Communications - Public Relations
- She joins us from North Carolina State University
- Marie-Clare Ofoegbu is from Falling Waters, West Virginia.
- She is a graduate of Stevenson University where she earned a bachelor's degree in Communication Studies with a minor in Management.
- Involvements: Being a representative for Student Government, a Resident Assistant, an event planner for their Student Activities office, and last she represented Stevenson on the Maryland Higher Education Commission's Student Advisory Council,
Graduate Apprentice of the Gender and LGBTQIA Center:
- Major in Studio Arts and Communication, Minor in Religion from Concordia College in Moorhead, MN
- Joins us from Concordia College in Moorhead, MN
- Vanessa has experience as a Hall Director and as a Grants manager for Concordia College; Interested in understanding how to make college more accessible to all students; aspiring Religion professor and college president.
Graduate Apprentice for Martin Alumni Center:
- She joins us from University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg
- She earned a bachelor's degree in Psychological Science
- She worked in the Office of Orientation and New Student Programs for three years as an Orientation Leader, then as an Orientation Coordinator her senior year, a childcare provider for three children, and in an administrative support position at a local retirement community near her hometown of Newport News, VA.