Honesty | Integrity | Responsibility | Respect
The Elon Honor System includes the Honor Code, the Code of Conduct (including Academic Integrity, Social Policies, and Title IX Sexual Misconduct Policy), and adjudication processes. All undergraduate and graduate students are governed by the Elon University Honor System, except as outlined within the Elon School of Law Student Handbook for law students. For the full content of the Honor System please visit the Student Handbook.
Elon University’s Honor System, an extension of the educational mission of the University, supports students’ well-being and success by providing a fair and equitable system of accountability and conflict resolution that encourages personal learning and growth through developmental actions that are educational, reflective, and restorative.
The Elon University Student Conduct system is founded upon the values of our Honor Code: Honesty, Integrity, Responsibility and Respect. Elon University defines these values as follows:
- Honesty: Be truthful in your academic work and in your relationships.
- Integrity: Be trustworthy, fair and ethical.
- Responsibility: Be accountable for your actions and your learning.
- Respect: Be civil. Value the dignity of each person. Honor the physical and intellectual property of others.
Students are expected to exemplify our values through their academic work and their personal choices. To be part of the Elon community is to be part of an elite honor society.
Elon University views its role in the administration of institutional policy as one of both ensuring fairness and providing an educational opportunity for the student. This approach protects the campus community by providing a system of sanctions that are educational and hold students accountable for violating university policies.
Sanctions are assigned to encourage the growth and development of students and support the practice of responsible behavior in a community. The educational approach infers a need for understanding and self discipline on the part of the student as well as a respect for the rights and privileges of others.
- To support the university’s educational mission by promoting a university community that is safe and healthy for Elon students.
- To provide a fair and consistent adjudication process for students charged with violations of university policy.
- To collaborate with university and community partners to develop opportunities for the identification, communication and celebration of community values.
- To encourage personal learning and growth through developmental and educational opportunities for Elon students
The office of student conduct manages and coordinates reports submitted through:
All reporting forms are publicly available for submissions regarding concerns for university policy violations or students seeking assistance navigating interpersonal conflict. Contact our office at 336-278-7271 or email@example.com with questions regarding reporting.
Reports may be submitted anonymously or confidentially but may limit the university’s response to a concern. A confidential response provides the university the option to follow up with the reporting party for any items needing clarification.
You may also share a report/concern regarding other matters including Title IX/Sexual Misconduct, a Student Care Referral through Student Care and Outreach, an identity-based Bias report through Elon’s Bias Response.