Jewish Immersion Journeys
At Elon, our Jewish experiences are not limited to the university’s beautiful campus. We offer spring break trips and other ways for students to participate in high-impact experiences off campus that enhance their undergraduate Jewish experience.
Hillel Spring Break is Elon Hillel’s off-campus immersive experience, and provides a meaningful and relevant experience of Jewish life elsewhere in the world — from a social justice trip to Los Angeles, to a disaster relief visit to the Caribbean islands, to engaging with refugees through a local resettlement nonprofit.
- 2023: Land Stewardship, Food Justice, & Climate Action in the Bay Area, Berkeley, CA
- 2021: A New Future: Immigration and Refugee Resettlement to Greensboro, NC
- 2018: Social Justice Trip to Los Angeles with Tzedek America. Check out the trip video.
- 2017: Multi-Faith Service Trip to New York City
- 2016: Multi-Faith Service Trip to Asheville, NC
- 2014: New Orleans with the Jewish Farm School
- 2013: “Fake Break” trip in January/February to West Palm Beach, Florida, to work with Habitat for Humanity.
- 2012: Nicaragua with American Jewish World Service. Check out the video of the trip and read about this amazing experience.
- 2011: Los Angeles with Jewish Funds for Justice
- 2010: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 2009: Montevideo, Uruguay
Elon Hillel’s Spring Break Trips are partially possible thanks to the generosity of alumna Sydnie Krause ’11, who created a fund to support student participation in Hillel’s trips. Read about the fund and Sydnie’s decision to support Hillel Spring Break.