Confidential Support & Advocacy
If you are experiencing or have experienced relationship violence, sexual violence, or stalking but do not feel comfortable disclosing your identity or filing a formal complaint, that is okay! There are still resources available to you! Confidential resources are confidential and do not disclose the information shared with them unless there is a report of immediate harm or abuse of a dependent. Confidential resources can:
- Offer a non-judgmental, empathetic space to discuss your experiences
- Work through the options available to you for reporting, medical care, and other short term and long term needs related to violence
- Connect you to resources such as counseling services, Title IX, and student organizations
- Create an individualized safety plan with you
- Provide in-person response and accompaniment to meetings with medical providers, police, or Title IX
A confidential responder is available 24/7 to respond to survivors of interpersonal violence including sexual violence, relationship violence and stalking. When the dispatcher answers your call they will ask for a number to reach you so that the confidential advocate can call you back.
Coordinator for Violence Response: 336-278-5009/336-278-7285
The Coordinator for Violence Response is Elon’s full-time confidential advocate. This staff member can work with survivors to process experiences, determine strategies for coping with triggers, coordinate with faculty around academic needs, and other support needs. When the Coordinator for Violence Response is unavailable, their supervisor, the Associate Director for the Gender & LGBTQIA Center, also serves as the confidential advocate. To schedule a meeting, please email Becca Bishopric Patterson (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Confidential Campus Support Options:
- Counseling Services
- 24/7 Counselor on Call: Contact Campus Safety and Police at 336-278-5555 and ask for the counselor on call.
- Student Health Services
- Truitt Center for Religious and Spiritual Life
CrossRoads Sexual Assault Response and Resource Center: 336-228-0360
Location: 1206 Vaughn Road, Burlington, NC 27215
Family Abuse Services: 336-226-5985
Location: 1950 Martin Street, Burlington, NC 27215
Guilford County Family Justice Center, Greensboro: 336-641-SAFE (7233)
Location: 201 S. Greene St., 2nd Floor, Greensboro, NC 27401