Office of Sustainability Now Hiring
Applications for spring, summer & academic year 2016-2017 internships and Eco-Rep positions are open until March 31.
The Office of Sustainability is hiring for a variety of positions this spring, summer and next school year. Whether project management, carbon metrics, engagement or behavior change are your thing, there is a paid opportunity. Positions are appropriate for students from a variety of backgrounds, including communications, accounting, environmental studies, education and more.
All job titles, descriptions and application information are on the Elon Job Network and the Office of Sustainability’s website. Applications are available now and are due March 31.
Brief descriptions of the available PAID positions are below.
May 2016 (30 – 60hrs total)
- Don’t Trash It! Coordinator: Recruits and coordinates volunteers to assist with collection and pick up of donation items during Don’t Trash It! in May.
Summer 2016 (20 – 30hrs/wk)
- Sustainability Metrics Intern: This intern will assist with projects related to Elon’s climate neutrality goal, specifically collecting and reporting data for Elon’s next GHG inventory, and Elon's STARS (Sustainability Tracking, Assessment and Rating System) report.
- Sustainability Projects Intern The primary project for this intern is to create online ‘toolkits’ which provide background information and instructions for people interested in engaging in behaviors such as, becoming a compost leader, using dryer racks, implementing shoe recycling collection, plastic bag recycling collection.
2016-2017 Academic Year (10 – 15hrs/wk unless otherwise noted)
- Sustainability Intern, Student Coordinator for Eco-Reps Program: Helps manage the Eco-Reps Program, a peer education program dedicated to promoting sustainability and environmentally responsible behaviors. Previous experience as an Eco-Rep recommended.
- Sustainability Project Database Intern: Recruits, enters, reviews and organizes submissions to the Student Sustainability Project Database and serves as an advisor to students interested in starting projects.
- Behavior Change Intern: Uses Community Based Social Marketing principles and sustainability survey and pledge data to develop, implement, track and report on campaigns directed toward personal energy conservation and waste reduction behaviors.
- Eco-Rep (4-6hrs/wk): Educates peers about sustainability issues by promoting sustainability related programs, coordinating with Residence/Greek Life staff to incorporate sustainability into programs and delivering Sustainable Living lessons to Elon 101 and Global Studies courses as requested.
- Energy Metrics Assistant (3hrs/wk): Help read and record data from electric meters during Phoenix Cup, fall semester.