School of Communications unveils several Homecoming activities for alumni, students
The School of Communications has organized a program of events for its alumni and students during Elon’s Homecoming Weekend Oct. 19-21. From wisdom sessions to tailgating, Communications alumni will have ample opportunities to engage in campus activities and network with future Elon graduates.
This year, the School will premiere the Communications Alumni Network, which is designed to be a resource for School of Communications graduates. Among the services the CAN will provide are portfolio reviews, professional feedback and mentoring.
“We hope that this will help alumni to understand trends in their industries, and help to build a stronger network for our alumni to find jobs and opportunities,” said assistant professor Gerald Gibson, alumni coordinator in the School of Communications.
The full list of Homecoming activities is as follows:
Friday, Oct. 19
- 2 - 3:15 p.m.: “Elon 2.0: Success after Elon” features eight alumni, who will discuss with students how they found that first job, the keys to networking and how their Elon experiences enhanced their professional careers. In Studio B.
- 3:15 – 4:30 p.m.: The School will host an alumni reception, open to all Communications alumni. In the McEwen School of Communications lobby.
Saturday, Oct. 20
- 9 a.m. - noon: Alumni can attend open houses in the School of Communications, The Pendulum office and the Live Oak Communications office.
- 10 a.m. - noon: Alumni interested in the Communications Alumni Network will meet for the first time with Dean Paul Parsons and Gibson.
- 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.: The School of Communications will host a tailgate before the Elon-Western Carolina football game. In the Moseley parking lot.
-- by Addie Haney ’14