Staff accounts for senior-year candidates
Elon has partnered with area school systems to provide you with a staff acount and associated privileges during your senior year internships. Once your school placement has been finalized in fall semester of your senior year, you may begin the process of obtaining a staff account that will give you access to staff email and other privileges that will extend through your spring student teaching experience.
Privileges and responsibilities
Remember the school system has invited you to be a guest in one of their schools and has extended access to technology resources to you as if you were a staff member. Those privileges come with responsibilities, and you are expected to behave professionally and use resources responsibly while adhering to stated policies regarding technology use in your school.
Resources to help you learn
- SMART Board support - resources and support for using SMART Boards in various ways in your classroom - also has instructions for downloading Notebook software and the code needed to activate it beyond the trial period.
Use Google Sites to create a teacher/classroom website that you can share with your students, their parents, and other teachers. You can use your Elon or personal Google account or in ABSS, use your staff account.
See school-system specific help resources under school system headings below.
Procedures and policies - steps to obtaining staff access
- Procedure for obtaining ABSS staff account (pdf) - Read this first! Follow included instructions.
- ABSS Employee Acceptable Use Policy - Read this second! This spells out what is acceptable use of school technology resources for ABSS employees. You might also want to read the ABSS student AUP and the ABSS policy on use of electronic devices.
- ABSS AUP signature page (pdf) - Print and sign this. Your signature on this form indicates you have read, understood, and agree to abide by the employee AUP for the duration of your year-long internship.
- ABSS Non-employee request for account (doc) - Print and complete lower portion of this form. You do not need to obtain your principal's signature, but do write the name of the school where you are interning at the top.
Return forms signed in steps 3 and 4 to Diane Saylor in Mooney 110 to receive your envelope with login information.
Check the list of privileges available with a staff account.
Guilford County Schools
Clover Garden Charter School
Teachers at Clover Garden tend to use Weebly to create websites.