Submissions to the Common Reading Committee are welcome from anyone in the Elon University community. Feel free to contact the committee chair. The Common Reading selection process begins two years before a book is used, and a choice is made in the fall prior to the year it will be used. This allows time for programming to be developed for each academic year.
* October 1 - Faculty, staff, and students invited to submit suggestions for the next Common Reading; follow-up reminders should be sent before the deadline
* December 15 - Deadline for submitting CR suggestions. Click here for the submission form.
* January-April - Committee examines suggested books
* April 15 - Short list developed for final review
* Summer- Short-listed books read and discussed by committee members via email
* August - Committee meets during Planning Week to discuss final selection
* September 15 - Common Reading for the next Academic year selected and announced