1. Write a significant story. Use your journalistic judgment to develop it.
2. Gather information thoroughly. Seek a diverse set of sources and move beyond your own set of acquaintances.
3. Focus on specifics. Avoid generalizations.
4. Follow the accepted style for the form you are writing.
5. Follow all practices of ethical journalism.
6. Discuss your ideas and drafts with others. Conversations with professors, family members and friends can help you develop your ideas and sharpen your presentation.
7. Come to the Writing Center. Drop in or make an appointment online for any of the Writing Center's three locations: Belk Library, Multicuiltural Center, and Koury Business Center.
The Center for Writing Excellence is pleased to announce our fourth Annual Summer Writing Institute!