- Designed to engaged students throughout all three years of instruction using the best practices of leadership education to enhance legal education
- Emphasis on total student development, exceptional legal knowledge and skills, engaged learning, leadership and civic involvement
- Small school, emphasizing close relationships among students and faculty
- Outstanding faculty members recruited nationwide for their exceptional abilities, values and commitment to the vision of the school
- Top students recruited for their demonstrated aptitude, achievement and interest in civic engagement and leadership
- Access to learning opportunities through experiences with the area’s leading law firms, federal and state courts, businesses, government agencies and nonprofit organizations
- Winter Term opportunities for leadership studies, innovative courses, and community involvement
- 'Social change is very difficult to bring about'
Elon University professors and students filled McKinnon Hall on Aug. 27, 2014, to discuss race, privilege and justice following the Missouri police shooting death of an unarmed black man and subsequent protests that have galvanized the nation.
- Elon Law hosts fourth annual Immigration Law Seminar
More than 100 private practice and nonprofit attorneys, law students and immigration services leaders attended the August 1 seminar. Topics covered included social group formulation for gang-based asylum claims, strategies for representing immigrant juveniles, parole in place for military families and an inside perspective on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Asylum Program.
- ‘The answer to my prayer’
When letters and phone calls to the Social Security Administration fell on deaf ears, Brenda Cunningham turned to Elon Law’s Elder Law Clinic hoping for a miracle.
- National symposium advances experiential education in law
The second National Symposium on Experiential Education in Law featured new research findings, immersive experiences in law practice, an increasing demand for innovation in law and legal education and keynote addresses.
- William Hubbard at Elon Law: creative disruptors needed in law and legal education
Addressing a national symposium at Elon University School of Law on June 14, American Bar Association president-elect William C. Hubbard said that the changing landscape of the legal profession called for new perspectives and approaches across the legal sector.
- William Henderson at Elon Law shares new research on value of experiential learning for students
At the Second National Symposium on Experiential Education in Law, held June 13-15 at Elon Law, William Henderson, one of the most influential people in American legal education, presented research linking enhanced student outcomes to a coordinated, sequenced and experience-based model of legal education.
- Elon Law Review examines impacts of Supreme Court decisions regarding definition of marriage
- Volume 6, Issue 2 of the Elon Law Review is titled, “The Effects of Windsor and Perry on Constitutional Law, Family Law, Tax Law, and Society.”
- Tom Ross challenges Elon Law graduates to serve and to lead
Delivering the commencement address for Elon Law’s 105-member Class of 2014, University of North Carolina president Thomas W. Ross, Sr., urged the class “to serve and to lead for the common good.”
- Family reunification enabled by Elon Law students featured on Fox news
After a ten-year separation caused by civil war in Somalia, a family was reunited on April 16 in Greensboro, N.C., aided by law students in Elon’s Humanitarian Immigration Law Clinic. Their story was featured on Fox news stations across the country.
- Elon Law to host national symposium on experiential education in law
Hosted by Elon Law and the Alliance for Experiential Learning in Law, the June 13-15 symposium will feature William C. Hubbard, President Elect of the American Bar Association, and Bill Henderson, Professor of Law, Maurer School of Law at Indiana University at Bloomington.