Congratulations on your acceptance to Elon Law!
By joining Elon University School of Law, you will become part of a talented and dynamic group of students. Elon Law students develop close relationships with their peers, professors and attorneys mentors from the start. These supportive relationships are integral to your legal education, professional development and career success.
At Elon you will work individually with professors, attorney mentors and professional development advisers to shape a personalized educational and career path that is guided by your goals. You will engage in a variety of hands-on, professional work experiences that advance your career objectives in ways that are highly valued in the legal employment market. We are excited to welcome you to a different kind of law school, one that is known for both rigorous thinking and doing, and one that values and supports the vision of pioneering, innovative students.
While Elon Law is not the right law school for everyone, we believe strongly based on your application materials and background that this is the right law school for you. In addition to reviewing the exciting developments at Elon Law below, we encourage you to review the Prodedures for Accepted Students, to schedule a visit and to contact us with any questions you may have. We want to support you every step of the way, from admissions, throughout your years at Elon Law and beyond, in a lifelong relationship that supports your career, professional development, service interests and leadership roles within your community.
- One of “America’s 20 most innovative law schools,” noted for being one of the nation’s only law schools to pair first-year students with practicing attorneys who serve as mentors and encourage students to shadow them at their practices (National Jurist, 2012)
- A Leadership program that is the recipient of the E. Smythe Gambrell Award, the top national award for excellence in legal professionalism programming, and “worthy of emulation by law schools” nationwide (American Bar Association, 2013)
- One of five law schools featured for “getting serious about business skills” in legal education (National Law Journal, 2013)
- An emphasis on skills development and hands-on learning, evidenced by the fact that 94 percent of students graduate with practical experience gained from clinics, externships, or internships
- A personalized, supportive learning environment evidenced by a 14 to 1 student/faculty ratio, a majority of classes with fewer than 25 students and a faculty adviser for every student.
2013-2014 enhancements to Elon Law’s program of legal education
- Launched a Small Business & Entrepreneurship Clinic, joining clinics in elder law, humanitarian immigration law and wills drafting
- Expanded our Externship program to include In-House Counsel and Semester-in-Practice opportunities
- Created a Business Fellows program, enabling select law students to benefit from Fellows’ scholarships, stipend-supported externships and regular interaction with leading business lawyers and executives
- Established a 4-year JD/MBA program with the Martha & Spencer Love School of Business at Elon University, allowing students to earn both their JD and their MBA in less time, and at a lower cost, than if both degrees were pursued separately
- Enriched programs to support student academic and bar exam success, aided by the addition of two faculty members focused specifically on academic and bar support.
We encourage you to visit law.elon.edu/highlights to learn more about Elon Law’s key strengths.