Alumni News Archive
- Law Alumni Kickoff – May 23
The Elon University School of Law Alumni Association invites all law alumni, members of the Class of 2013 and the faculty and administration of Elon Law to a special reception welcoming the Class of 2013 into the Alumni Association.
- Anna Ksor Buonya speaks before Congress on human rights
A 2010 graduate of Elon Law, Anna Ksor Buonya testified at an April 11 Congressional hearing that examined Vietnamese government human rights violations.
- Jonathan C. Dunsmoor aids in reforming Philadelphia’s “stop-and-frisk” policy
A Legal Fellow at the ACLU of Pennsylvania, Elon Law alumnus Jonathan C. Dunsmoor currently oversees the Bailey v. City of Philadelphia project, which entails teaching law school students and attorney volunteers the fundamentals of Fourth Amendment search and seizure as it relates to police stops.
- Alumni reconnect at Elon Law Reunion Weekend
Elon Law's reunion weekend featured a free Continuing Legal Education class, 5k race, golf tournament and several receptions.
- Report features law alumni excelling in the profession
- Seventeen Elon Law alumni are featured in a 2012 alumni profile series focusing on lawyers excelling in judicial clerkships, business law and public interest law.
- Elon Law alumna featured in NCBA newsletter
- An article written by Elon Law alumna Anna Arnopolsky was published in the June 2012 edition of the North Carolina Bar Association (NCBA) Intellectual Property Section newsletter. The article, "Can ‘Tell-Alls' Tell All?", provides a briefing of right to publicity laws in North Carolina and across the nation.
- Elon Law alumni excel in the profession
- Elon Law graduates are advancing innovative national policy to increase U.S. exports, advising the public on health care law through media appearances, marking milestones of service in public interest law, and celebrating recognition as Super Lawyers.
- Elon Law alumnus Bernie Brown featured in News and Record
- The feature article in the Sunday, August 21 careers section of the Greensboro News and Record explores Elon Law's program of legal education and its benefits though the lens of Elon Law alumnus Bernie Brown, L'10, an attorney with Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice PLLC.
- Elon Law alumnus Brendan Garcia selected for Presidential Management Fellowship
- Brendan Garcia, a member of Elon Law's Class of 2011, has been accepted into the Presidential Management Fellowship (PMF) program. The number of applicants to the program each year has been as high as 8,500 in recent years. In 2011, 275 PMF finalists have been hired by federal agencies. Garcia will be working with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs in the Veterans Benefits Administration.
- Elon Law alumnus Mital Patel co-hosts Triangle Startup Weekend
- Triangle Business Law, a boutique law firm founded by Elon Law alumnus Mital Patel, '09, was among three entities to organize Triangle Startup Weekend in Durham, North Carolina in early June. The event was designed to support entrepreneurs in the development of early stage product ideas and to encourage increased entrepreneurial activity in the region.
- Elon Law alumna Miriam Heard publishes short story in North Carolina State Bar Journal
- The Spring 2011 edition of The North Carolina State Bar Journal includes "The Stone Bull," a short story authored by Miriam Heard, member of Elon Law’s Class of 2009. Heard submitted the work for consideration through the N.C. State Bar Association’s Seventh Annual Fiction Writing Competition.
- Dean’s Reception honors the Class of 2011
- Members of the Class of 2011 at Elon Law welcomed family members and friends to the law school on May 21 to celebrate achievements of the class on the eve of commencement ceremonies. Joined by the faculty and staff of the law school and the leadership of Elon University, members of the class were recognized for pro bono service, leadership in law, and contributions to nonprofit organizations and law offices at regional, national, and international levels.
- U.S. Sentator Richard Burr calls on Elon Law's Class of 2011 to lead and to serve
- Ninety-eight graduates of Elon University School of Law received Juris Doctor degrees on May 22. United States Senator Richard Burr delivered the commencement address, calling on graduates to embrace wide-ranging opportunities and responsibilities to lead and to serve at a time of rapid technological and political change around the world.
- Elon Law Alumni Association building connections through regional receptions and networking events
- Following three successful alumni events this year in Charlotte, Greensboro, and Raleigh, and an annual spring meeting held April 16, the Elon Law Alumni Association announced a series of events planned for the year ahead, including Reunion Weekend events in May, sports and charity events in partnership with law student organizations, and professional networking events scheduled throughout the year.
- Charlotte Business Journal highlights Mark Jetton '06 L'09 and Eric Meredith L'09
- Alumni Mark Jetton '06 L'09 and Eric Meredith L'09 were profiled in the April 15 issue of the Charlotte Business Journal. The article focused on how the two established their own law firm, Jetton & Meredith, PLLC, in September 2009 immediately after graduating as part of Elon Law's inaugural class.
- Elon Law alumnus featured among new assistant district attorneys in Alamance County
- Elon Law alumnus Andrew Marshall was recently featured in a front page article in the Alamance Times News as one of four new assistant district attorneys in the Alamance County District Attorney’s office.
- Elon Law grads attend internationally renowned LL.M. programs
- Four graduates of the Class of 2010 have joined 3 graduates from the Class of 2009 in forming the beginnings of a tradition by matriculating into internationally prestigious Master of Laws programs.
- Elon Law alumna selected for Presidential Management Fellowship
- Nicole Patterson, a member of Elon Law's Class of 2010, has been accepted into the Presidential Management Fellowship (PMF) program. Through her fellowship, Patterson will be working in the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), an agency of the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Images from Elon Law Alumni Homecoming
- Elon Law alumni gathered on October 22 and 23 for Homecoming festivities that included a party at the Greensboro Country Club and opportunities to participate in tailgating and football at Elon University. A photo gallery of images from the Elon Law Homecoming party are included with this article.
- Elon Law alumnus Jameson Marks featured in Winston-Salem Journal
- Jameson Marks, a member of the Class of 2010, was featured in the December 30 edition of the Winston-Salem Journal for the role he will play in the Forsyth County district attorney's office, serving as a prosecutor whose sole focus will be to handle DWI cases.