How to access the library's databases from off-campus
To access the library's databases from off-campus, use the WebVPN service. This service is only available to Elon University students, faculty, and staff.
- Browse to https://webvpn.elon.edu/
- Click Yes if prompted about a security certificate.
- Enter your username and password (same as Elon email username and password).
- Click OK when a message appears indicating that usage is restricted to Elon faculty, staff, and students.
- In the field to the right of the prompt "Enter Web Address (URL)", type the web address you want and click the Go button. Enter http://www.elon.edu/e-web/academics/law/databases.xhtml and click Go.
- To reach other webpages, use the toolbar at the top right of the page (Click the icon for Show Toolbar). If the Floating Toolbar does not open, click the link to open it. Or, if you use the Address bar to type in a URL, make sure you leave the https://webvpn.elon.edu/ address to the left of whatever URL you type.
IMPORTANT: Please LOG OUT when you're done. Click the X in the VPN Floating Toolbar to log out; just closing the browser does NOT log you out!
10.5 and earlier: Go to the wiki and search Keyword: VPN Mac Leopard & earlier.
10.6 and later: Go to the wiki and search Keyword: VPN Snow Leopard & Lion.