In support of Elon’s mission of creating a model of engaged learning in legal education, the Office of Student Affairs supports a variety of programs and services that enhance the social and educational experience at Elon. There are many opportunities to lead at Elon and we encourage students to get involved and help shape the student experience. Getting involved in a student organization or extracurricular activity gives the opportunity to enrich learning, form lasting relationships with fellow students and faculty, and make a difference in the life of the law school and the region.
- Judge Catherine Eagles urges Elon Law graduates to take risks and improve justice
The Honorable Catherine C. Eagles, United States District Judge for the Middle District of North Carolina, delivered the Elon University School of Law commencement address on May 25 before 123 members of the Class of 2013.
- Melodie Menzer receives annual Elon Law award for leadership and professionalism
Melodie Menzer is the 2013 recipient of Elon University School of Law’s highest honor for a graduating student, the David Gergen Award for Leadership and Professionalism.
- Dean’s Reception celebrates Class of 2013
On the eve of commencement exercises for the Class of 2013 at Elon University School of Law, members of the class celebrated with family and friends.
- Elon Law students join leadership of ABA Law Student Division
Ian Phillips will serve as Executive Lieutenant Governor and Brian Park will serve as Lieutenant Governor for Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) for the Fourth Circuit of the American Bar Association Law Student Division.
- Elon Law students participate in international arbitration conference
Brenna Ragghianti and Andrew Scott engaged lawyers, law scholars, intergovernmental officials and senior corporate leaders at the Atlanta International Arbitration Society (ATLAS) annual conference in April.
- Judge Teresa Vincent recognized at Women’s Law Association dinner
On April 17 the Elon Law Women’s Law Association celebrated students, faculty and legal professionals at the 5th Annual Women in the Profession Dinner. This year’s honoree for the “Outstanding Woman in the Profession” award was the Honorable Judge Teresa H. Vincent.
- Elon Law students recognized for pro bono service
At Elon Law’s April Reception with the Legal Community, 43 students were recognized for significant pro bono and community service, including third-year law student Kaitlin Shimansky who was recognized for contributing the most pro bono hours while at Elon with 445 hours logged.
Helpful Links & Forms
- Student Handbook
- Career Services
- Academic Calendar
- Elon Law News & Events
- Registrar's Office
- Employment Permission Form
- Character and Fitness Supplemental Form (Classes of 2012 and 2013)
- Character and Fitness Supplemental Form (Class of 2014)
- Application for Study Abroad
- Talent show and open mic night - April 25
Have a joke to share? A song to sing? A skit to perform? Share it at the annual talent show sponsored by the Sports and Entertainment Law Society. This event is scheduled for Thursday, April 25 from 5 to 8 p.m. at Stumbles.
- Sixth annual Barrister's Ball - April 13
- The Student Bar Association cordially invites Elon Law students, faculty and staff to attend the 6th Annual Barrister's Ball, Saturday, April 13, 2013.
- Trial by Ice: A night with Olympian Emily Azevedo - March 13
- The Elon Law Leadership Fellows invite you to an evening with Olympic Bobsledder Emily Azevedo.
- Clinics and externships information session - March 12
- Elon Law students are invited to meet with members of the faculty for an information and Q&A session on fall semester clinic and externship opportunities. This forum will take place Tuesday, March 12 from 12:15 to 12:50 in Room 105. Pizza will be served.