In support of Elon’s mission of creating a model of engaged learning in legal education, the Office of Student Affairs supports a variety of programs and services that enhance the social and educational experience at Elon. There are many opportunities to lead at Elon and we encourage students to get involved and help shape the student experience. Getting involved in a student organization or extracurricular activity gives the opportunity to enrich learning, form lasting relationships with fellow students and faculty, and make a difference in the life of the law school and the region.
- Semester-in-Practice spotlight: Hannah Davies assists U.S. District Court Judge Martin Reidinger
Following a spring 2014 semester-in-practice with Judge Martin Reidinger of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, Hannah Davies L'14 accepted the opportunity to serve as judicial assistant and law clerk to Judge Reidinger beginning in August.
- Tom Ross challenges Elon Law graduates to serve and to lead
Delivering the commencement address for Elon Law’s 105-member Class of 2014, University of North Carolina president Thomas W. Ross, Sr., urged the class “to serve and to lead for the common good.”
- Elon confers honorary degree upon Gail McMichael Lane
At Commencement Exercises for Elon Law’s Class of 2014, Elon University trustee Gail McMichael Lane was presented with the honorary degree of Doctor of Laws in recognition of her extraordinary commitment to education and outstanding service to Elon University.
- Brian Park receives annual Elon Law award for leadership and professionalism
- Brian Park is the 2014 recipient of Elon Law’s highest honor for a graduating student, the David Gergen Award for Leadership and Professionalism.
- Dean’s Reception honors the Class of 2014
Members of the Class of 2014 at Elon Law welcomed family members and friends to the law school on May 23 to celebrate achievements of the class on the eve of commencement ceremonies.
- Elon Law students earn national recognition for diversity initiative
The American Bar Association Center for Racial and Ethnic Diversity and the ABA Young Lawyers Division announced on May 17 that Elon Law’s student-led Diversity Week won first place in the annual Next Steps Diversity Challenge.
- Semester-in-Practice spotlight: Caroline Johnson engages international law at United Nations
As part of her semester-in-practice externship, Elon Law student Caroline Johnson L'14 recently participated in the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) Working Group V (Insolvency) meeting in New York City from April 23 - 25, 2014.
Helpful Links & Forms
- Student Handbook
- Career Services
- Academic Calendar
- Elon Law News & Events
- Registrar's Office
- Employment Permission Form
- Character and Fitness Supplemental Form (Classes of 2012 and 2013)
- Character and Fitness Supplemental Form (Class of 2014)
- Application for Study Abroad
- Registration and Orientation for First Year Law Students - Aug. 12
The schedule and other details regarding orientation for first year law students is available here: http://www.elon.edu/e-web/law/students/orientation/
- Talent show and open mic night - April 25
Have a joke to share? A song to sing? A skit to perform? Share it at the annual talent show sponsored by the Sports and Entertainment Law Society. This event is scheduled for Thursday, April 25 from 5 to 8 p.m. at Stumbles.
- Sixth annual Barrister's Ball - April 13
- The Student Bar Association cordially invites Elon Law students, faculty and staff to attend the 6th Annual Barrister's Ball, Saturday, April 13, 2013.
- Trial by Ice: A night with Olympian Emily Azevedo - March 13
- The Elon Law Leadership Fellows invite you to an evening with Olympic Bobsledder Emily Azevedo.