Student and Professional Life
More Than Academics
The Elon School of Law is focused on turning students into lawyers, and lawyers into leaders. Elon Law students have many opportunities to participate in extracurricular activities that broaden their professional and social networks, provide opportunities to strengthen their leadership skills and give back to the community. The Office of Student and Professional Life helps students get the support and opportunities they need in the classroom, in extracurricular activities, and in their careers.
A wide variety of extracurricular activities and student groups provide opportunities to enrich your legal learning, build friendships, contribute to the community and have fun. Students can write for the Elon Law Review, serve on the Moot Court Board, explore specific areas of law in professional interest groups and much more. Student organizations often contribute to pro bono projects, organized by the school’s Pro Bono Board. The Office of Student and Professional Life can also help if you’re interested in starting new student organization.
Academic and Financial Aid
Elon is committed to supporting all students and helping them achieve their academic and professional goals. The Law School provides numerous resources to support students no matter what their circumstances. That includes financial planning and financial aid, accommodations for disabilities and much more. We recognize that law school, and preparing for the bar exam, are among the most challenging academic activities that most students have ever experienced. Elon supports students with academic support and help in preparing for the bar exam.
Life happens, and sometimes it happens in ways you can’t plan for or anticipate. Health problems, personal matters or family emergencies can sometimes be extremely disruptive to a student’s life. We’re here to help. Our office provides personal counseling and referrals to counselors and can sometimes assist with family emergencies, such as the death or illness of a loved one. We can also help students who need to take a leave of absence from their legal education to deal with a health, personal or family matter. If you need help, please contact us.
- Elon Law summer class visits embassies in D.C.
The class participated in a private question-and-answer session with diplomats from each consulate, and students enjoyed robust and instructive conversations on topics of international law and policy.
- Elon Law students celebrate conclusion of citizenship quest
With help from the university's Humanitarian Immigration Law Clinic, Y Srai achieved a longtime goal on Aug. 19, 2016, when he took the Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America.
- Elon Law's Class of 2018 'reaches out' into community
New students spent part of a day assisting local nonprofits and agencies with activities that helped improve the lives of people and animals in need across North Carolina's Piedmont Triad.
- Convocation proffers words of wisdom and call to honor
An annual program for new Elon Law students emphasized the values of Elon University as the Class of 2018 begins its studies at the preeminent law school for engaged and experiential legal education.
- A toast to the first decade
Elon Law celebrated its 10th anniversary Wednesday with a breakfast sponsored by Biscuitville and remarks by school leaders who reflected on the school's nationally recognized approach to legal education.
- 'You're going to be great lawyers'
The Class of 2018 is one of the most diverse in the history of Elon Law with students drawn to North Carolina for a legal program focused on experiential education like no other law school in the nation.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association honors Elon Law clinic
The university’s Humanitarian Immigration Law Clinic received a "Pro Bono Champion" award for student efforts last year to assist asylum seekers at a civil detention center in Texas.
Helpful Links & Forms
- Elon Law's SBA golf tournament fundraiser - Sept. 17
Elon Law's Student Bar Association will raise money for Partners Ending Homelessness at a September golf tournament at Forest Oaks Country Club in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Pro Bono Week 2012 – Oct. 22-27
- The student-led Pro Bono Board at Elon Law is pleased to announce Pro Bono Week, October 22-27, featuring events in partnership with local attorneys, American Civil Liberties Union, Legal Aid of North Carolina, the Interactive Resource Center, Women’s Resource Center, Elon’s Office of Financial Planning, Elon Law’s Center for Professional Development and Humanitarian and Immigration Law Clinic, and the following student organizations: ACLU, Initiative for Diversity and Cultural Awareness, Public Interest Law Society and Women’s Law Association.