In support of Elon’s mission of creating a model of engaged learning in legal education, the Office of Student and Professional Life supports a variety of programs and services that enhance the social and educational experience at Elon. There are many opportunities to lead at Elon and we encourage students to get involved and help shape the student experience. Getting involved in a student organization or extracurricular activity gives the opportunity to enrich learning, form lasting relationships with fellow students and faculty, and make a difference in the life of the law school and the region.
- Elon engages Leading Edge conference on legal education
Elon Law student Joshua Bonney and alumnus Andrew Realon were part of a national conference examining change in legal education sponsored by Wolters Kluwer.
- New Moot Court Board members announced
Elon Law’s Moot Court Board is pleased to announce the 20 members of the class of 2016 who have been selected for membership on the Board.
- 2014 Intramural Moot Court champions announced
Mackenzie Myers and Joshua Bonney won the final round of Elon Law’s Seventh Annual Intramural Moot Court Competition. Jaclyn Maffetore and Anne Evangelista were the first-runner up team. Evangelista was also named “Best Oralist from the Final Round.” Nickie Young was named “Best Oralist from the Preliminary Rounds.” The team of Megan Boorsma and Marissa Kuzbyt took “Best Brief” honors.
- Student spotlight: Genna Petre selected for U.S. Attorney General's Honors Program
Genna Petre, Class of 2015, has been selected for the Attorney General’s Honors Program with the U.S. Department of Justice, the most prestigious federal entry-level hiring program of its kind.
- Semester-in-Practice spotlight: Hannah Davies assists U.S. District Court Judge Martin Reidinger
Following a spring 2014 semester-in-practice with Judge Martin Reidinger of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, Hannah Davies L'14 accepted the opportunity to serve as judicial assistant and law clerk to Judge Reidinger beginning in August.
- Tom Ross challenges Elon Law graduates to serve and to lead
Delivering the commencement address for Elon Law’s 105-member Class of 2014, University of North Carolina president Thomas W. Ross, Sr., urged the class “to serve and to lead for the common good.”
- Elon confers honorary degree upon Gail McMichael Lane
At Commencement Exercises for Elon Law’s Class of 2014, Elon University trustee Gail McMichael Lane was presented with the honorary degree of Doctor of Laws in recognition of her extraordinary commitment to education and outstanding service to Elon University.
Helpful Links & Forms
- Registration and Orientation for First Year Law Students - Aug. 12
The schedule and other details regarding orientation for first year law students is available here: http://www.elon.edu/e-web/law/students/orientation/
- Talent show and open mic night - April 25
Have a joke to share? A song to sing? A skit to perform? Share it at the annual talent show sponsored by the Sports and Entertainment Law Society. This event is scheduled for Thursday, April 25 from 5 to 8 p.m. at Stumbles.
- Sixth annual Barrister's Ball - April 13
- The Student Bar Association cordially invites Elon Law students, faculty and staff to attend the 6th Annual Barrister's Ball, Saturday, April 13, 2013.
- Trial by Ice: A night with Olympian Emily Azevedo - March 13
- The Elon Law Leadership Fellows invite you to an evening with Olympic Bobsledder Emily Azevedo.