The SASA Program is always seeking to develop new partnerships, in the United States and South Africa, with agencies willing to offer a work immersion experience to an Elon University student during our January winter term or at some other period mutually beneficial to the agency and the student. The work-immersion experience is designed to help students:
• Test their interest and aptitude in a particular career before permanent commitments are made;
• Develop skills in the application of theory to practical work situations and techniques directly applicable to their careers;
• Adjust from college to full-time employment by developing attitudes conducive to effective interpersonal relationships;
• Increase their sense of responsibility and prepare to enter full-time employment in their area of specialization;
• Develop employment records/references that will enhance employment opportunities after graduation.
• gain an in-depth knowledge of the formal functional activities of a participating organization.
• enhance career advancement possibilities
Partnering agencies are encouraged to communicate directly with the student and faculty advisor prior to the student's start date to design an experience that will be minimally disruptive to the agency, but provide the student with the full range of experiences available in the agency. Agency sponsors are also encouraged to review the student's credentials to determine how best to maximize the student's skills and knowledge to benefit the agency and maximize the student's learning. If your agency is willing to accept one or two of our students to work, we will provide the names and initial introductions of the student(s) we believe would be most compatible with your organization. The student will then work directly with you, providing their resumes and any additional information you require. If you will be willing to offer our students the benefit of a three-day internship with your company, and would like additional information, please contact Dr. Prudence Layne at firstname.lastname@example.org .