The Leaders in a Global World (LGW) offers a unique living and learning environment for Elon University students interested in exploring leadership. Through regular house activities such as dinners, discussion, common readings, movie viewings, and on- and off-campus events, LGW residents will begin to examine leadership by exploring themselves and learning more about the kind of leader they wish to become.
As a two-year residential program in the Global Neighborhood, second-year students serve as mentors to first-year students. We are welcoming all applicants who would like to be a part of a great learning community focused on leadership development, globalization, and cultural differences.
Watch the NEWEST LLC Video from 2015-2016 which won 1st place in the LLC Video Competition, or the LGW community video for 2014-2015, for examples of creativity and the strong sense of community in LGW!
The Leaders in a Global World Living Learning Community creates, cultivates, and sustains an atmosphere for leadership exploration in tandem with living in a multicultural environment. The LGW community is intentionally focused on facilitating interactions between residents with diverse life experiences, backgrounds, and worldviews, fostering awareness of and appreciation of cultural differences. As a member of the LGW community, you will engage in an exploration of your personal leadership style from a multicultural and global perspective.
The Leaders in a Global World Living Learning Community seeks to enhance the residential experience of students by:
As a community focused on leadership development, the LGW advisors and RAs have created several leadership positions in an effort to engage members of our community, provide opportunities for residents to demonstrate their leadership skills, and support the programmatic efforts of the advisors and RAs.
Below are the 2016-2017 LGW coordinators:
- Community Service Coordinators, Lucia Safie ’20 & Dan Soracco ’20 – coordinates and communicates opportunities for service for LGW residents
- Wellness Coordinators, Jacob Stern ’20 & Sara Lewin ‘20 – assists in creating intramural teams, Sunday yoga sessions, and promotes campus wellness events
- LLC Challenge Points Coordinators, Nisha Arole ’20 & Nick Everage ’18 – submits LLC Challenge points
- Calendar Coordinators, McKenna Patterson ’20 & Chris Adamik ‘20 – uses LGW calendar and remind residents of upcoming events and programs
- Mural Coordinators, Molly Weaver ’20 & Divya Dewan ’20 – facilitates the design, concept, and painting schedule for the LGW mural
- LLC Video Coordinator, Jordan Levine ’19 – facilitates the design, concept, and creation of the LGW video
- Mentor Coordinators, Grace Flink ’19 & Clay Leasure ’19 –encourages LGW residents to engage in meaningful development of their mentor relationship
Leaders in a Global World is located in the Global neighborhood, the newest residential living community on campus. Amenities include a mix of double and single rooms, study areas, and access to a hall kitchen and common room specifically designated for the LGW community.
Returning Students: Please speak with the LLC advisor about your interest and for more information. LLC applications will be available before the housing application process and if chosen, LLC students lock in their housing before all other students!
New Students: Apply through the housing application process in the spring. First year students are encouraged to apply, half of the community is designated for new students!