The Leaders in a Global World (LGW) offers a unique living and learning environment for Elon University students interested in exploring leadership. Through regular house activities such as dinners, discussion, common readings, movie viewings, and on- and off-campus events, LGW residents will begin to examine leadership by exploring themselves and learning more about the kind of leader they wish to become.
As a two-year residential program in the Global Neighborhood, second-year students serve as mentors to first-year students. We are welcoming all applicants who would like to be a part of a great learning community focused on leadership development, globalization, and cultural differences. You can learn more about the LGW community by viewing their video here.
The Leaders in a Global World Living Learning Community creates, cultivates, and sustains an atmosphere for leadership exploration in tandem with living in a multicultural environment. The LGW community is intentionally focused on facilitating interactions between residents with diverse life experiences, backgrounds, and worldviews, fostering awareness of and appreciation of cultural differences. As a member of the LGW community, you will engage in an exploration of your personal leadership style from a multicultural and global perspective.
The Leaders in a Global World Living Learning Community seeks to enhance the residential experience of students by:
• Increasing self-awareness through the exploration of values, beliefs, culture, and identity.
• Learning group roles, dynamics, and decision making to function constructively in groups.
• Building an awareness of leadership issues facing our communities and society.
• Developing a personal philosophy of leadership.
• Understanding what it means to be a leader at Elon.
• Understanding one’s self, those around them, and how to be an effective leader while working with others.
• Developing strategies for implementing leadership concepts on a daily basis.
• Developing skills for how to create opportunities for themselves and others in areas of interest.
• Increasing awareness that leadership is not only “how to do it, but how to be it.”
Center for Leadership 101D
2993 Campus Box, Elon, NC 27244
Phone: (336) 278-5884