How to Apply
Elon University welcomes applications from students who have compiled a strong law school record and wish to transfer to the School of Law. Complete your transfer application through the LSAC Electronic Application Service.Please review the importance of complete and accurate responses to the character and fitness questions on the application.
Transfer Application Important Dates
January 1: Transfer applicants may apply using first year, first semester grades. Transfer applicants seeking to enroll in the fall will submit their second semester grades when available, as well as all of the materials noted in the checklist below. Fall admissions decisions will likely be made in the late spring or summer.
August 6: Transfer application deadline for fall 2018 enrollment.
Transfer Application Checklist
Submit your application via www.lsac.org and provide:
- An LSAC Credential Assembly Service (CAS) report
- A personal statement indicating why you would like to transfer to Elon Law
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a law professor
- A letter of good standing from previous law school attended
- An official copy of most recent law school transcript
- Either transcript or letter of good standing must indicate class rank
- A resume
Transfer Application Quick Facts
- A transfer application will be considered only if the applicant has attended a law school accredited by the American Bar Association.
- Course credit is generally awarded for work completed with a grade of C or higher.
- Up to 30 academic credits may be given for work at another law school.
- The School of Law requires 86 credit hours for graduation.
- Transfer students are generally required to complete five full-time trimesters in residence at Elon Law and receive at least 56 credits toward the JD degree at the law school.
- Transfer students are eligible for membership on Elon Law Review.
- Transfer students may choose to participate in full intramural Moot Court Competition.
- International transfer applicants must comply with additional application requirements.
- Students ineligible for readmission at another law school may not transfer to Elon.
- For Elon Law's transfer of credit policies, please see the "Courses taken Elsewhere" section of the Student Handbook beginning on page 36.
Those interested in attending Elon Law as a visiting student, can find detailed application information on the visiting applicants page.