Elon is one of only seven private universities in the nation with accredited schools of law, business, communications and education along with a Phi Beta Kappa chapter, which promotes the liberal arts and sciences.
Elon University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award bachelor’s and master’s degrees, the doctor of physical therapy and juris doctor degree. Questions about the accreditation of Elon University may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
Elon’s teacher education program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and by the North Carolina State Board of Education.
The School of Communications is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC).
Elon University School of Law was granted full accreditation by the American Bar Association on June 10, 2011.
Elon’s Martha and Spencer Love School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business-International, AACSB-International.
Elon University is included on the list of colleges and universities approved by the American Chemical Society. Students satisfying the requirements listed for the BS degree with a major in chemistry will be ACS certified upon graduation.
Elon’s biochemistry program is accredited by the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB).
The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued status to the Elon University Physician Assistant Program sponsored by Elon University. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards.Accreditation remains in effect until the program closes or withdraws from the accreditation process or until accreditation is withdrawn for failure to comply with the Standards. The approximate date for the next validation review of the program by the ARC-PA will be September 2026. The review date is contingent upon continued compliance with the Accreditation Standards and ARC-PA policy.
The university is a member of the following associations:
University Affiliations focused on Higher Education
- The American Council on Education
- The American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- The Association of American Colleges and Universities
- Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges
- The National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities
University affiliations with a programmatic focus
- The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
- Association of American Colleges & University Programs in Italy
- Association of International Education Administrators
- Consortium for Undergraduate International Business Education (CUIBE)
- Council for International Education and Exchange
- Council of International Schools
- Diversity Abroad
- The Forum on Education Abroad
- Fulbright Association
- Global Leadership League
- Groningen Declaration
- International Partnership of Business Schools (IPBS)
- Lyrasis (Library consortium)
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- North Carolina Association of Colleges and Teacher Educators
- The Ph.D. Project
- Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME)
- Society of American Archivists
- University Sales Center Alliance