We are looking for prospective scholars who:
- are ninth graders
- reside or attend school in Alamance County
- have limited financial resources and/or no family history of 4-year college attendance
- demonstrate academic promise
- show no pattern of disciplinary problems
- are willing to commit to program expectations
Approximately 24 scholars are selected each year to be a part of the Elon Academy.
- All ABSS ninth graders receive a letter about the Elon Academy
- All county ninth graders should check the Elon Academy website for admissions information
- Information sessions are held at each ABSS public high school and the River Mill Academy charter school. A Spanish language information session takes place at May Memorial Library. All information sessions to be posted as scheduled.
- October 16, 2018: Eastern Alamance High School Media Center, 5:30-7:00pm
- October 18, 2018: Southern Alamance High School Media Center, 5:30-7:00pm
- October 24, 2018: Graham High School, Media Center, 5:00-6:30pm
- November 1, 2018: Western Alamance High School Media Center, 5:30-7:00pm
- November 7, 2018: Williams High School Auditorium, 5:30-7:00pm
- November 8, 2018: Cummings High School Media Center, 5:30-7:00pm
- November 13, 2018: River Mill Academy Media Center, 3:00-4:30pm
- *Spanish Session* December 6, 2018: May Memorial Library, 6:00-7:30pm
- Applications are due to the Elon Academy office by Friday, January 25, 2019.
- All completed applications are reviewed by Elon Academy staff. Those students moving forward to the interview process will be notified by mail. Those applicants not moving forward will also be notified by mail.
- March 2019 interview dates to be determined.
- March 4, 2019: Southern Alamance High School, 3:25pm-5:25pm
- March 5, 2019: Eastern Alamance High School, 3:30pm-5:30pm
- March 6, 2019: Cummings High School, 3:30pm-5:30pm
- March 12, 2019: Western Alamance High School, 3:30pm-5:30pm
- March 13, 2019: Graham High School, 3:30pm-5:30pm
- March 14, 2019: Williams High School, 3:45pm-5:45pm
- March 15, 2019: River Mill Academy, 12:30pm-2:30pm
- March 20, 2019: ABSS Early College, 3:50pm-5:50pm
- Students are notified of either acceptance or non-acceptance.
- New cohort orientation on May 4, 2019.