Elon University trustees met on March 11 and granted tenure and approved promotions for several faculty members.
The Elon University Board of Trustees met on Monday, March 11, and took the following actions regarding promotion and tenure:
- Granted tenure to William Anderson, Christopher Harris, India Johnson, Sean McMahon, Scott Morrison, Timothy Norvell, Christopher Richardson, Scott Wolter, and Lin Zhao.
- Promoted Christopher Harris, India Johnson, Danny Lanier, Jr., Sean McMahon, Scott Morrison, Timothy Norvell, Christopher Richardson, and Lin Zhao, to associate professor.
- Promoted Enrique Armijo, Stephen Bloch-Schulman, Catherine Chiang, Naeemah Clark, Anthony Hatcher, Duke Hutchings, Deandra Little, and Thomas Molony, to professor.
- Promoted Marna Winter, to senior lecturer.
The Board learned that:
- Continuance in lecture track appointment was approved for Erin Hone and Andrea Metts.
- Continuance in a continuing track appointment was approved for Bilal Ghandour.
- Continuance in a continuing appointment was also approved for assistant librarian Chrystal Carpenter.