The Ready & Resilient Committee provides details to faculty and staff members on a range of topics related to Fall semester.
In this brief Ready & Resilient message please find the following updates:
- COVID-19 Testing Portal is Live
- R&R Required Training Now Live
- Health Screening App Live on July 30
- Student Remote-Only Accommodations Update
COVID-19 Testing Portal is Live
Click here to request your mail-in test kit from LabCorp.
Instructions for Using the LabCorp Site
- On the first web page, use your Elon name. If Elon systems refer to you as Jeff (not Jeffrey Stein) or Randy (not Randolph Williams), use Jeff or Randy.
- If, in the above example, for some reason, your Elon name (Jeff) doesn’t work, then try your more formal name (Jeffrey).
- At the bottom of the first web page, enter your Elon username, the first part of your Elon email (ex. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org). Use ALL lowercase letters.
- If you work for Elon Dining or the Inn at Elon or Barnes & Noble and don’t have an Elon email, just enter your full email address.
- Be aware that the LabCorp form will take you through a few screens, will send you an email confirmation that you need to respond to, and will also send you a final confirmation email.
Refer to the R&R testing website for information on testing, what to do if you have a positive test result, and more. The site also includes information about how students may submit alternative PCR tests.
R&R Required Training Now Live
Click here to log in to the R&R training modules. The entire process takes less than 30 minutes. Please complete the training modules as soon as possible.
Health Screening App Live on July 30
The R&R Health Screening App will be live starting July 30 to help students, faculty, and staff monitor our health daily during the pandemic.
- No Data Collected: The app does NOT require a log in and does NOT collect any data.
- Why Screen? While the app is a diagnostic tool that does not substitute for medical advice, it will help each of us to be conscious of our health and keep an eye out for symptoms
Student Remote-Only Accommodations Update
Students may be approved to take courses through remote-only instruction due to documented disabilities or health-related accommodations. These requests should be initiated by the student through the Office of Disabilities Resources.
While Elon’s primary model is in-person instruction, requests from students who require accommodations this fall due to COVID-19 will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. A special Modification Review Committee has been established to consider these requests, considering the specific circumstances and needs of the individual students. Students will be able to submit a request by August 5. If a student is approved to take a class via remote-only instruction, those faculty will be notified.
Look for updates tomorrow on attendance policies, a new FAQ, and more.
The Ready & Resilient website is the best source of information for this fall. We will continue updating the site daily.
The Ready & Resilient Committee
- Jeff Stein, Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and Assistant Professor of English (Chair)
- Dan Anderson, Vice President of University Communications
- Ginette Archinal, Medical Director of Student Health and University Physician
- MarQuita Barker, Director of Residence Life
- John Barnhill, Associate Vice President for University Advancement
- Tom Flood, Assistant Vice President of Physical Plant
- Jason Husser, Associate Professor of Political Science and Policy Studies, and Director of the Elon Poll (Academic Council Representative)
- Deandra Little, Assistant Provost, Director of the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning and Professor of English
- Paul Miller, Assistant Provost for Academic Operations and Communications and Professor of Exercise Science
- Kelly Reimer, Director of Teaching and Learning Technologies (Staff Council Representative)
- Carrie Ryan, Director of Auxiliary Services
- Kelli Shuman, Associate Vice President for Human Resources & Chief Human Resources Officer
- Gabie Smith, Dean of Elon College, the College of Arts and Sciences and Professor of Psychology
- Mary Southern, Project Manager for Provost and Academic Affairs Operations (Project Manager)
- Mike Ward, Deputy Director of Athletics
- Randy Williams, Associate Vice President for Inclusive Excellence and Assistant Professor of Education