Two student ambassadors for the Healthy Elon Commitment are sharing their creative videos to keep students safe.
This is the next in a series of posts highlighting the efforts of student ambassadors for the Healthy Elon Commitment, which is part of the university’s Ready & Resilient plan.
Sharing healthy tips and messages with their peers on staying safe during the pandemic, Eukela Little ’22 and Rob Meehan ’22 created videos shared across social media to give important advice and guidance to fellow Phoenix during the Fall 2020 semester. These student-led efforts contribute to the ongoing Ready & Resilient initiative supporting a safer and healthier campus.
Eukela Little ’22 is a junior psychology major with minors in African and African American Studies as well as Women’s, Gender, and Sexualities Studies. Her campus leadership includes being an Odyssey scholar, Lumen scholar, member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., a manager at Koury Fitness Center, and a student coordinator within the Center for Race, Ethnicity and Diversity Education.
Check out her informative video on how she keeps herself safe and uplifts the safety of her nearby friends and community while acknowledging that maintaining healthy habits during this pandemic is new for everyone. Included in Eukela’s important advice in this video:
- “As much as we would like to have that typical college experience, that is not the case right now, sadly. That’s not any our faults or in our control.”
- “What we can control are the action steps we take as part of Elon’s community to help minimize the spread of COVID-19.”
- “Sanitize when needed, or when you’re on-the-go, and can’t get to soap and water.”
- “Just do your part, and one more thing… Black lives still matter. Now y’all go be Ready and Resilient.”
Rob Meehan ’22 is a junior finance major with minors in accounting and data science who studied abroad in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. His campus leadership includes club baseball, business fellows, serving as vice president of Active Minds, and student employment as an intramural sports official and office manager with Campus Recreation and Wellness.
Check out his video which provides a more personal, one-on-one feel as he shares important advice for students regarding staying healthy during the pandemic. Included in Rob’s important advice in this video:
- “I wanted to say how important it is to stay healthy both physically and mentally.”
- “Keep an eye on your mental health, Make sure you’re reaching out if you need anything.”
- “Reach out to your friends or Counseling Services.”
- “Make sure you’re taking care of yourself. It’s a huge part of staying happy and healthy throughout this whole semester.”
Student ambassadors like Eukela and Rob are creating videos to share their ideas and practices around staying safe.
Are you a student wanting to create a quick 1-to-2-minute video on ways that you’re staying healthy during the pandemic? If so, email Matthew Antonio Bosch via firstname.lastname@example.org so you can become a student ambassador and have your voice and advice be heard.