Fake Break will last from the end of Winter Term, Wednesday, January 26, until the day before the Spring semester begins, Sunday, January 30.
Winter Term Exams for undergraduate students and some graduate programs will take place tomorrow, January 25. The gap in time from Wednesday, January 26 through Sunday, January 30 is sometimes colloquially referred to as “fake break,” and several campus services will have adjusted hours during this time.
As a reminder, Campus Safety & Police will continue to operate as normal, 24-hours per day, and can be reached at 336-278-5555. They can also assist with connections to the Student Life on-call administrators. On-call crisis counselors are always available at 336-278-2222. SAFEline is also always available at 336-278-3333 for confidential support with sexual and relationship violence.
Below are hours of student services operations during the break.
Residence Halls and University Apartments
- Residence halls do not close during fake break, and neighborhood offices remain open during regular weekday business hours, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Move-in and check-in for new transfer and first-year students is Saturday, January 29 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the neighborhood area offices.
- If you are leaving for the break and planning on leaving your vehicle on campus, you may leave it in your permitted lot or you may park it in the Innovation Quad lot, or the lot on the south side of the Health Center on south campus.
- Make sure your vehicle is locked and you take any valuables with you.
- Asymptomatic testing will be available in McCoy Commons according to the normal schedule.
- Symptomatic testing will be available at the Ellington Center according to the normal schedule.
- Belk Library will remain open 24-hours for Phoenix Card holders through Thursday, January 27. The Library closes at 9 p.m. on Friday, January 28 and hours for Saturday, January 29 are 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. On Sunday, January 30, the Library opens at 10 a.m. and resumes overnight hours for Phoenix Card holders.
- Visit the Belk Library website for information about library hours for non-Phoenix card holders.
- On Tuesday, January 25, the Elon Express Haggard Avenue route will stop service at 5 p.m. and the Danieley Tram will stop service at 7 p.m.
- All routes will resume their normal schedules beginning Monday, January 31.
- E-Ride services will not be available on Tuesday, January 25.
- The Elon Express schedules and routes are available online here
Campus Recreation and Wellness
- Campus Recreation and Wellness facilities will have adjusted hours from Tuesday, January 25 through Sunday, January 30.
- The PARC fitness center will remain open from 6 a.m. to Midnight daily throughout Winter Break.
- Visit the Campus Recreation and Wellness website and scroll to “Winter Term Exams and Break Hours” for adjusted hours of operation.
- Counseling Services will maintain regular hours this week and is available by appointment weekdays, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- On demand mental health support is available 24/7 through TimelyCare.
The Crisis Counselor-on-Call remains available 24/7 by calling 336-278-2222. Call 9-1-1 for any psychological emergency that is life threatening or involves imminent danger to self or others.
- Visit the Counseling Services website for information about hours and appointment times, links to online resources, and information about emergency and crisis resources.
- The last day for fall meal plans is Tuesday, January 25 and spring meal plans take effect Saturday, January 29.
- Elon Dining is proud to partner with the university to provide meals to students who are remaining on campus over fake break. McEwen Dining Hall will be open for brunch 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. and dinner 5 – 8 p.m. Wednesday through Friday. Please bring your Phoenix Card to swipe in.
- Additional operations will begin opening on Saturday, January 29 when spring meal plans begin.
- Elon Dining has posted special hours for exam day and fake break. Menus and hours for dining locations across campus are always available on the Elon Dining menu and hours site.
- Wednesday, January 26 – Friday, January 28: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday, January 29: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Sunday, January 30: Closed.
- Visit the Mail Services website for updated hours and operations.
- Wednesday, January 26 – Sunday, January 30 from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Normal hours will resume on Monday, January 31.
- Visit the Moseley Center website for information about adjusted hours.
Student Health Services
- Student Health Services will have abbreviated hours beginning Wednesday, January 26 through Friday, January 28.
- Wednesday, January 26 through Thursday, January 27: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday, January 28: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Telehealth services remain available on-demand 24/7 through TimelyCare.
- Visit the Student Health Services website for information on hours, appointment times, and off-campus resources.
Good luck on Winter Term exams tomorrow and enjoy the break!