Vice President for Student Life, Jon Dooley, shared information on Monday, Jan. 23 about operations and safety on campus during “fake break,” which runs from the conclusion of final exams on Tuesday, Jan. 24 through Monday, Jan. 30.
Winter Term exams for undergraduate students and some graduate programs will take place Tuesday, Jan. 24. The gap in time from Wednesday, Jan. 25, through the beginning of Spring Term on Monday, Jan. 30 is sometimes colloquially referred to as “fake break,” and several campus services will have adjusted hours during this time.
As a reminder, there are several 24/7 services available throughout the break:
- Campus Safety & Police can be reached at 336-278-5555. They can also assist with connections to the Student Life on-call administrators.
On-call crisis counselors are available at 336-278-2222.
SAFEline is available at 336-278-3333 for confidential support with identity-based bias, sexual violence, or interpersonal violence – they can also be a confidential resource to access on-call violence responders.
TimelyCare free virtual medical and mental health service is available 24/7 throughout the break from anywhere in the United States.
- University offices are open this week and below are the hours of student services operations during the break.
Residence Halls and University Apartments
- Residence halls do not close during the break, and neighborhood offices remain open during regular weekday business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Please use your respective neighborhood on-call phone number for any needs after hours.
- Move-in and check-in for new transfer and first-year students is Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 28 and 29 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the neighborhood area offices.
Students may leave their cars in their respective lots; moving vehicles is not required during the break. Make sure your vehicle is locked and you take any valuables with you.
Asymptomatic testing will remain open for testing in the Oaks, McCoy Commons. Please see the COVID-19 website for testing times.
- Belk Library will retain normal operating hours through the break.
- The library closes at 9 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 27, and hours for Saturday, Jan. 28 are 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- On Sunday, Jan. 29, the library opens at 10 a.m. and resumes overnight hours for Phoenix Card holders.
- Visit the Belk Library website for information about library hours for non-Phoenix card holders.
- The Elon Express Haggard Avenue route and the Danieley Tram will operate on a reduced schedule Wednesday through Sunday, Jan. 25-29, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- All routes will resume their normal schedules beginning Monday, Jan. 30.
- E-Ride services will not be available Wednesday through Sunday, Jan. 25-29. Normal operations will resume Monday, Jan. 30 at 7 p.m.
- The Elon Express schedules and routes are available online here.
Campus Recreation and Wellness
- Campus Recreation and Wellness facilities will have adjusted hours Tuesday through Sunday, Jan. 24-29. Visit the Campus Recreation and Wellness website and scroll to “Winter Term Exams and Break Hours” for adjusted hours of operation.
- The PARC fitness center will remain open from 6 a.m. to midnight daily throughout the break.
- Counseling Services will maintain regular hours this week and is available by appointment weekdays, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- The crisis counselor on-call remains available 24/7 by calling 336-278-2222. Call 9-1-1 for any life-threatening psychological emergency that involves imminent danger to self or others.
- Visit the Counseling Services website for information about hours and appointment times, links to online resources, and information about emergency and crisis resources.
- The last day for fall meal plans is Wednesday, Jan. 25 and spring meal plans take effect Saturday, Jan. 28.
- Elon Dining is proud to partner with the university to provide meals to students who are remaining on campus over the break. McEwen Dining Hall will be open Wednesday through Saturday, January 25-28, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. for brunch and 5 – 8 p.m. for dinner. Please bring your Phoenix Card to swipe in.
- Additional hours and operations will begin Saturday, Jan. 28 when spring meal plans begin.
- Menus and hours for dining locations are always available on the Elon Dining menu and hours site.
- Open regular hours this week:
- Wednesday through Friday, Jan. 25-27: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 28: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 29: Closed
- Visit the Mail Services website for updated hours and operations.
- Open special hours this week:
- Tuesday through Friday, January 24-27: 7 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Saturday, January 28: 8 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 29: 8 a.m. – midnight
- Visit the Moseley Center website here for information about adjusted hours.
Student Health Services
- Student Health Services will have abbreviated hours Wednesday through Friday, Jan. 25-27, open 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Student Health Services will resume normal business hours for Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 28 and 29: 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Visit the Student Health Services website for information on hours, appointment times, and off-campus resources.
Good luck on Winter Term exams tomorrow and enjoy the brief break before Spring Term begins next week!
Dr. Jon Dooley
Vice President for Student Life