The Office of Inclusive Excellence Education and Development (OIEED) seeks to expose and provide access to various resources to advance learning and skill building.
Resources to Increase Self-Awareness and Critical Consciousness
- American Council on Education – Shared Equity Leadership - ACE’s work on shared equity leadership describes the broadly inclusive and collaborative leadership approaches that are necessary to achieve equitable outcomes in higher education.
- Intercultural Praxis Model – A model that advances a non-linear approach to communication across cultures, constantly challenging individuals to contextualize their identities and those of others within historic systems of inequality that have shaped our positioning in the world today.
- Typology of Intergroup Competencies – a comprehensive typology of intergroup competence skills, categorized based on approach (reflection and action) and focus (self, relationships, context, and organizational patterns), offering a well-rounded framework for navigating social group differences.
- Developing Critical Consciousness Model – A study about the significance of developing critical consciousness as effective multicultural educators and practitioners
- Division of Inclusive Excellence Resources – a host of resources for education, reflection and action related to diversity, equity and inclusive excellence.
- Elon and NC State Discrimination and Harassment Policies & Procedures
- Phoenix Pathways – a tool that offers students, staff, and faculty a way to locate learning opportunities around inclusive excellence based on their needs and preferences
- Elon Committee on History and Memory
Southern Poverty Law Center – Learning for Justice – Racial Justice and Human rights resources
- Anti-Racism Resources
- 75 Things White People Can Do For Racial Justice
- Resources and Continuing Education on Anti-Racism and Equity
Teaching & Mentoring Resources
- CATL’s Teaching for Equity and Inclusion – teaching resources to promote inclusive and equitable classrooms.
- Teaching about Anti-Black Racism from Elon’s History
- Interdisciplinary Minors
Leadership & Supervision Resources
- The Office of Leadership and Professional Development – OLPD offers a variety of programs and resources to help support the professional growth of Elon staff and faculty
- Title IX Training and Education