Homecoming 2023 is scheduled for October 20-22, 2023.
For information on the full week of activities, visit the Homecoming website.
For alumni, Homecoming is about coming back to a place you called home and reconnecting with friends and mentors. And for current students, it is also an opportunity to celebrate our time together and show pride in our school.
With that in mind, SGA is proud to sponsor the Homecoming Royalty* selection process. It is designed to honor those members of the senior class who have made a significant contribution to the life of the University. Any senior student is invited to submit an application and nominees will be reviewed by a faculty/staff panel nominated by students.
The nominees selected (based on their leadership, commitment to service, involvement, and school spirit) serve on the Homecoming Court. Based on a vote of the student body, two members of the court will be honored as Homecoming Royalty during the Homecoming football game.
Suggestions and considerations
- A faculty or staff member at Elon University (any full-time paid employee of Elon University) may submit a recommendation for the applicant. It should be emailed to the Chair of the One Phoenix Committee before the application deadline.
- Candidates are encouraged to “Paint an E”! (Participating in painting an “E” will help candidate earn points towards their campaign)
- Candidates may be interviewed by Elon News Network.
- The court is asked to be present at the Homecoming football game, be on the field at halftime for court introductions, and be crowned between the third and fourth quarters.
All candidates must…
- Submit an application on PhoenixCONNECT no later than 11:59 pm on Sunday, October 8, 2022;
- Have an academic GPA of 2.5 or higher;
- Be in good standing with Elon University;
- Be a senior and graduating this academic year;
- Have documented civic or community engagement;
- Have strong involvement outside of the classroom (i.e. undergraduate research, leadership roles, organization membership, etc.);
- Include a resume with their application that reflects their campus involvement and community/civic engagement;
- Submit a photo for the ballot and media purposes; and
- Give the SGA Advisor permission to check their GPA and university standing (with the office of Student Conduct). (This information will only be shared with the faculty/staff selection committee.)
This year’s application is available on PhoenixCONNECT from through Sunday, October 8 at 11:59 pm. For your awareness, in the past applicants have been asked to respond to the following:
Candidate’s Name (First Middle Last)
Elon Email Address
(optional) Philanthropy You Are Representing
Short Answer Questions: (No more than 250 words responding to each prompt)
- What is Elon Spirit? How have you demonstrated this in your daily life or time at Elon?
- What would identify as Elon values? How have you demonstrated (at least one of them) in your time at Elon?
- An important part of life as a college student is developing resiliency. Describe a time that you faced a challenge as an Elon student and how you overcame that challenge.
Resume: Upload a resume that includes your campus experiences/involvement, leadership, commitment to service, and school spirit, etc.
By typing your full name below, you are granting the following permissions:
- The SGA Advisor may check my standing with the office of Student Conduct at Elon University. (All candidates must be in good standing. If you are on disciplinary probation, your application will not be forwarded to the Homecoming Court selection committee.)
- The SGA Advisor may confirm my cumulative GPA and share that with the Homecoming Court selection committee.
* In 2016 SGA moved to a more inclusive process and removed gender from the crowning. The current structure allows all students to be recognized by their peers and celebrated in ways that aren’t restricted by gender.
Voting for Homecoming Royalty
Voting for Homecoming Royalty will take place on PhoenixCONNECT. Voting is open from Monday, October 16 at 7 a.m. through Friday, October 20 at 5 p.m.
Reach out to the Chair of the One Phoenix Committee: Anya Bratic, email@example.com