Upcoming Senate Meetings
The Student Government Senate holds business meetings on Thursday evenings at 7:30 pm in Moseley 215. These meetings are open to all students and the agenda includes an opportunity for non-Senators to address the Senate.
- August 31, 2023: guests Larry Mellinger and Jenny Larson, Campus Recreation & Wellness – HealthEU
- September 14, 2023: guest Anita Hodnett, Counseling Services – new offerings for mental health
- September 28, 2023: guest Jennifer Strawley – new Director of Athletics
- October 5, 2023: guests Bob Frigo and Dr. Carrie Eaves, co-chairs of the Council on Civic Engagement – political/civic engagement
- October 19, 2023: SGA alumni panel
- November 2, 2023: guest Rev. Kirstin Boswell, University Chaplain and Dean of Multifaith Engagement – Multifaith strategic plan; Dr. Naeemah Clark and Dr. Jessica Carew – update on AER
- November 16, 2023: guest Dr. Evan Gatti, chair of Committee on Elon History and Memory – goals for the year
- February 1, 2024
- February 8, 2024
- February 22, 2024
- March 7, 2024
- March 14, 2024
- April 4, 2024
- April 11, 2024
- April 25, 2024
- May 2, 2024
- May 9, 2024
SGA hosts at least one Town Hall each semester for any member of the Elon University Community to attend. These are framed around a special topic/theme, include a guest speaker or panel, and provide an opportunity to learn more, ask questions, raise concerns, or voice suggestions. The next Town Hall has yet to be determined.
Each semester, President Book and Vice President Dooley sit down for an informal “interview” moderated by SGA. This is a unique opportunity for the student body to hear what is on the minds of senior University leaders, ask questions, and share concerns. The next Fireside Chat is scheduled for:
Wednesday, November 8 at 7:30 pm in Irazú Coffee Shop
NOTE: If dates need to change, this page will be updated and notices will post on SGA’s social media accounts.