Great deal! Only $23.00 for 30 minutes.
Tuesday 3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday 9:00 am – 2:00 p.m.
Schedule and pay online. Please click here to register for a Therapeutic Massage.
An increasing number of research studies show massage reduces heart rate, lowers blood pressure, increases blood circulation and lymph flow, relaxes muscles, improves range of motion, and increases endorphins (enhancing medical treatment). Although therapeutic massage does not increase muscle strength, it can stimulate weak, inactive muscles and, thus, partially compensate for the lack of exercise and inactivity resulting from illness or injury. It also can hasten and lead to a more complete recovery from exercise or injury.
Massage Gift Certificates
“Give the gift of wellness!” $23.00 for 30 minutes. Call to request a gift certificate.
Bring chair massage therapy to your department!
The Wellness Program is happy to bring chair massage to your department. What better way is there to reduce stress or show appreciation than by giving the gift of a massage! Our licensed massage therapist will meet your group on campus and treat them to chair massages! Call now to learn more about available times and rates. Extension 5561.
• Elon Employees who have flex-spending accounts can use their money to pay for therapeutic massage appointments.
• You must obtain a prescription for therapeutic massage for a condition (chronic pain, back ache, etc.) from a medical provider. If you don’t have a doctor, you can see the Wellness PA and she will do this for you.
• Elon Wellness will fax your prescription to Stuart Bost (Elon’s Flexible Spending Account Manager). These will be kept on file for a year.
• You will pay for your massage at the time of scheduling online. Print out the receipt and submit this for reimbursement.
• Call the Wellness Office if you have any questions. Ext. 5569.
Click on a question to see the answer.
What is a Therapuetic Massage?
Therapeutic massage incorporates a variety of advanced modalities that enhance the body’s natural restorative functioning. Light to firm touch is used to release tension, relax muscles, increase blood and lymph circulation, and impart a sense of calm. Therapeutic massage can be used as a collaborative, supportive addition to conventional medical treatment of illness and injury, alleviating pain and stress, aiding soft tissue healing, and revitalizing the body. Also, regular massage can enhance health, providing relaxation, release of muscle tightness, relief from anxiety and tensions, and balancing aspects of body/mind/spirit.
Do I remove my clothes?
No. We suggest you wear a light weight t-shirt and work out pants or any clothing that would be easy to massage through.
What about cleanliness?
The massage therapists clean and disinfect the table, face rest and hands between each massage. Each client also receives a new set of linens and face rest cover to ensure cleanliness.
What if I want more pressure?
Just Ask! Our massage therapists are trained to adapt each massage to the needs of each client. The therapist will check in with you during your massage so feel free to let them know your preference.
What are the physical benefits of Therapeutic Massage?