To support First-Generation College Students in their pursuit of a college degree through collaborative programs and events designed to empower and celebrate the unique talents, skills, and identities they bring.
To create a campus that empowers, supports, and celebrates First-Generation College Students at Elon University
- First-Generation Student Support Services was started in 2019 as an initiative of the Center for Access and Success
- In 2020, Elon University was selected to become a first cohort of the First Scholars Network
- In 2021, Elon University received a designation as a First-gen Forward institution
- As of Fall 2023, there are 586 First-Generation students on Elon’s campus
- In the Class of 2027, there are 195 First-Generation Undergraduate students (the largest in the University’s history thus far)
Check out the signature programs portion of our webpage to learn more about how our work!