We are incredibly excited you are Elon Bound! There are numerous tasks for you to do over the summer to prepare to begin your Elon journey. Pay attention to these dates and be sure you’re fully prepared to be Elon Bound in August! Don’t forget to check your Elon email account regularly. All university communications will be sent to that address, including important information sent this summer leading up to your arrival in August.
For a personalized checklist login to your Acorn account!
Trying to figure out what to pack? Download a packing checklist.
Available in May
- Apply for Living Learning Communities and complete your housing application by May 12
- Sign up to take the World Language Assessment online by May 28 (Another opportunity is available later this summer)
- Complete and submit your online course request form (does not apply to Global Pathfinders or transfer students) by June 1
- Register for a First-Year Summer Experience (space is limited) by June 14
- Take the math placement test by June 30
- Submit health and immunization forms by July 1
- Pre-order the commemorative Elon t-shirt by Aug. 9
- Pre-order wristbands for the Family Sendoff Picnic at lunchtime on Saturday, August 21
- Purchase and begin reading the Elon Common Reading: Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You by Jason Reynolds & Ibram X. Kendi by Aug. 20
- Register to vote! Check out the New Student Resources from Elon Votes!
Beginning July 1
- Request final high school transcripts be sent to the Office of Admissions
- Submit a photo for your Phoenix Card by Aug. 1
- International Students: Register for International Student Orientation by Aug. 2
- View your fall tuition bills via Elon’s ebill website and submit your payment by Aug. 6
- Send any transfer credit, dual enrollment credit, Advanced Placement scores and/or International Baccalaureate scores to Elon University
Beginning July 12
- Sign up to take the World Language Assessment online (if you’ve not done so already) by Aug. 13
Beginning July 15
- Complete three online programs: AlcoholEdu, Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates, and DiversityEdu by Aug. 15
Beginning July 22
- Check your unique move-in date/time assignment on your Acorn Account
- Check your housing and roommate assignment in OnTrack
- Register your vehicle and purchase a parking permit (if applicable)
- Check your Fall 2021 class schedule in OnTrack
- Order textbooks from Barnes and Noble at Elon and have them available for pick-up on Move-in Day
- Set up an account on PhoenixConnect and explore Elon’s student organizations
Beginning August 20
- Move to Elon! Be sure to head to central check-in at the Schar Center first. See the driving directions in your Elon Bound guide – Elon Bound Driving Directions & Map.
- Pickup your textbook order from Barnes and Noble at Elon
Beginning August 25
- Check OnTrack to be sure AP and IB scores you sent to Elon are posted. Transcripts will be evaluated on a rolling basis. A Transfer Credit Evaluation will be sent to students after transcripts have been reviewed.