We are incredibly excited you are Elon Bound! There are numerous tasks for you to do over the summer to prepare to begin your Elon journey. Pay attention to these dates and be sure you’re fully prepared to be Elon Bound in August! Don’t forget to check your Elon email account regularly. All university communications will be sent to that address, including important information sent this summer leading up to your arrival in August.
For a personalized checklist login to your Acorn account!
Available in May
- Apply for Living Learning Communities and complete your housing application by May 13
- Sign up to take the World Language Assessment online by May 29 (Another opportunity is available later this summer)
- Complete and submit your online course request form (does not apply to Global Pathfinders or transfer students) by June 1
- Register for a First-Year Summer Experience (space is limited) by June 14
- Submit health and immunization forms by July 1
- Register for New Student Orientation by Aug. 1
- Purchase and begin reading the Elon Common Reading: Biased by Jennifer Eberhardt by Aug. 14
Beginning July 1
- Check your unique move-in date/time assignment on your Acorn Account
- Request final high school transcripts be sent to the Office of Admissions
- Submit a photo for your Phoenix Card by Aug. 1
- View your fall tuition bills via Elon’s ebill website and submit your payment by Aug. 2
- International Students: Register for International Student Orientation (More information forthcoming)
- Send any transfer credit, dual enrollment credit, Advanced Placement scores and/or International Baccalaureate scores to Elon University
Beginning July 6
- Sign up to take the World Language Assessment online (if you’ve not done so already) by July 31
Beginning July 15
- Complete three online programs: AlcoholEdu, Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates, and DiversityEdu by Aug. 12
Beginning July 23
- Check your housing and roommate assignment in OnTrack
- Register your vehicle and purchase a parking permit (if applicable)
- Check your Fall 2020 class schedule in OnTrack
- Order textbooks from Barnes and Noble at Elon and have them available for pick-up on Move-in Day
- Set up an account on PhoenixConnect and explore Elon’s student organizations
- Complete the required COVID-19 health training and sign the Healthy Elon Commitment by Aug. 14
- Complete the required PCR COVID-19 test by July 31 if you don’t want your arrival on campus to be delayed in case you test positive and need to quarantine. Check out the Ready and Resilient testing page for more details.
Beginning July 30
- Use the Ready & Resilient Health Screening web app each day to monitor your own health prior arriving to campus and during the semester.
Beginning August 14
- Move to Elon! Be sure to head to Schar Center for the Health Check-In first and follow the driving directions specific to your assigned residence hall. See the driving directions in your revised Elon Bound guide (edits to the guide were sent in July) or online – Elon Bound Driving Directions & Map.
- Pickup your textbook order from Barnes and Noble at Elon
Beginning August 18
- Check OnTrack to be sure AP and IB scores you sent to Elon are posted. Transcripts will be evaluated on a rolling basis. A Transfer Credit Evaluation will be sent to students after transcripts have been reviewed.