We are incredibly excited you are Elon Bound! There are numerous tasks for you to do over the summer to prepare to begin your Elon journey. Pay attention to these dates and be sure you’re fully prepared to be Elon Bound in August!
- Download the Elon Guides app from your smartphone’s app store and download the New Student Orientation 2019 guide. A virtual version of this checklist can be found there!
- Apply for Living Learning Communities and complete housing application (page 4 of your Elon Bound guide) by May 13
- Sign up to take the World Language Assessment online (page 13 of your Elon Bound guide) by May 25
- Complete and submit your online course request form (page 17 of your Elon Bound guide) (does not apply to Global Pathfinders or transfer students) by June 1
- Register for a First-Year Summer Experience (space is limited) (page 11 of your Elon Bound guide) by June 3
- Submit health and immunization forms (page 22 of your Elon Bound guide) by July 1
- Register for New Student Orientation (page 26 of your Elon Bound guide) by August 9
- Purchase and begin reading the Elon Common Reading: Futureface by Alex Wagner (page 14 of your Elon Bound guide) by August 23
Beginning July 1
- Request final high school transcripts be sent to the Office of Admissions
- Submit a photo for your Phoenix Card by August 1
- View your fall tuition bills via Elon’s ebill website and submit your payment by August 2
- International Students: Register for International Student Orientation, help August 20-23 by August 6
- Send any transfer credit, dual enrollment credit, Advanced Placement scores and/or International Baccalaureate scores to Elon University
Beginning July 13
- Sign up to take the World Language Assessment online (if you’ve not done so already) by August 13
Beginning July 15
- Complete three online programs: AlcoholEdu, Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates, and DiversityEdu by August 15
Beginning July 25
- Check your housing and roommate assignment in OnTrack
- Check your Fall 2019 class schedule in OnTrack
- Order textbooks from Barnes and Noble at Elon and have them available for pick-up on Move-in Day
- Set up an account on PhoenixConnect and explore Elon’s student organizations (page 12 of your Elon Bound guide)
Beginning August 23
- Move to Elon! Be sure to follow the driving directions specific to your assigned residence hall. See the driving directions on page 27 of your Elon Bound guide or online.
- Register your vehicle and purchase a parking permit (if applicable)
- Pickup your textbook order from Barnes and Noble at Elon
Beginning August 28
- Check OnTrack to be sure AP and IB scores you sent to Elon are posted. Transcripts will be evaluated on a rolling basis. A Transfer Credit Evaluation will be sent to students after transcripts have been reviewed.